Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
I joined the match at 6-2 4-0, forgot what time it was on, but she obviously played great, well she did in the last two games anyway.
Her recent consistancy has been superb, no flukes at all, just needs to bottle this form for as long as possible.
When she does lose form, she just has to look back to the last 6 months and see what she has done.
Good to see Queen blaring away during the photographs after the match, " We are the champions" was very fitting.

Bara a big medal chance in Tokyo in both formats i think.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Krejcikova has now 3 titles, one another final.

And people were saying she was a fluke.

She is already better than Ostapenko for exemple.
How? Jelena has a Miami Final, Doha ( or Dubai) Final, Charleston Final, Wimbledon SF plus her GS and two other titles. And a higher CH rank, totally confused...?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yeah she is very good at baseline grinding.
In fact I would say she is the best in the world if you want to battle in that aspect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
She is really good and will top 10 very soon. But I don't think a WTA 250 is really matters. These tournament for player to under top 20 and she is a different class recently. I don't think she would have play if the tournament is not in Prague. It is a good thing that she could play home.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
She is really good and will top 10 very soon. But I don't think a WTA 250 is really matters. These tournament for player to under top 20 and she is a different class recently. I don't think she would have play if the tournament is not in Prague. It is a good thing that she could play home.
But now she is the only topplayer who played matches on hardcourt before the olympics. So maybe it was a smart move.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Good to see Queen blaring away during the photographs after the match, " We are the champions" was very fitting.
For Queen fans, there's an interesting Czech link involved. Not only has this band been always very popular here, but Freddie Mercury's personal assistant/secretary, Mr. Freestone, has been actually living in Czechia for twenty years and last year even got the citizenship. He had been with FM on a daily&night basis in the last 10-15 years of the British star's life and recently served as the main consultant for the US movie Bohemian Rhapsody.

To borrow from my favourite Queen song: Barbora was really a 'Killer Queen' today 💪

41 - 60 of 120 Posts