Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All Czech final.

Krejčíková is playing so well, rock solid performance. smart tennis with variety.

Martincová has her chance in 1st set but 2nd it's Krejčíková show, too good.

Krejčíková is 4th Czech woman to win this tournament. Congrats to her 3rd title, this is her first on hardcourt and home soil.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Glorious tennis, the highlight gonna be high!

To sad for Terka to recieve bagel in her first final, hope it wont affect her badly as this is her year!

Bara literally peaking to top 10 and showing that other then Ash there is no better player this year.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
The REAL #2

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Barbora edging ever closer to the top ten. I know it wasn't exactly a stacked draw, but she came through comfortably and that's what matters.

Always good to see our slam winners winning tournaments, I hate the trend of slam winners having hardly any other titles to their name, though in the long term I don't think this will the case for Barb.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
A clinic.

Understandably, for the first three games, Barbora was struggling a bit to find her range and Tereza put up some resistance, even taking a 2-1 lead. But from then on, Barbora adjusted the sights, switched to a higher gear and it was Game Over.

There were parts of the match where the difference in class between the two was so big that the commentator was even saying that Barbora was ‘moving and preparing’ Tereza to finish off a rally into the open court.

Barbora completely outplayed and outsmarted Tereza, but not by some big hitting, but rather by a masterful mix of slices, dropshopts, volleys, change of pace, cross-court FHs and BHs, better serving and returning etc. Her game is now super complete and there are not any big holes in it. Plus she’s obviously flying high on confidence. It’s really great to see an all-around player firing on all cylinders (y)

Nice tournament for Tereza as well plus congrats to Hradecka and Bouzkova on their doubles title. It’s an all-Czech party in Prague today!

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,175 Posts
26 winners in 14 games. That is insane. Honestly that 2nd set was the highest quality tennis I have seen by a player this year. Barbora was unplayable a lot of the time. It was exhibition stuff and still it felt totally effortless. Extraordinary tennis. Match was just 67 minutes yet it would be hard to edit the highlights down to less than 30. If Barbora keeps playing at this level, tennis spectators have a treat ahead of them, Barbora's opponents on the other hand not so much.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Just wanted to point this out to certain users:

Melbourn doubles winner
AO mix winner, doubles finalist
Dubai finalist
Madrid doubles winner
Strasburg winner
FO singles and doubles winner, mix QF
Wimbledon singles 4R (lost to winner) doubles QF
Prague winner

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Just wanted to point this out to certain users:

Melbourn doubles winner
AO mix winner, doubles finalist
Dubai finalist
Madrid doubles winner
Strasburg winner
FO singles and doubles winner, mix QF
Wimbledon singles 4R (lost to winner) doubles QF
Prague winner
After those 29 trophies won by Petra, we still have yet another player able to collect trophies and shine. Moreover, Bara is a humble girl who does not need to decorate her body with tasteless tattooes (to desperately seek attention at least by something when not by tennis). Jana would be really proud of you and good to see that a part of her (her skills and a something of Janas personality as well) is further here with us...

1 - 20 of 120 Posts