Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The long and winding road.
50,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great result for Andrea, really surprised me this week, I didn't expect her to qualify but she seems to be playing well, she beat Bascinsky 2 and 2 in 2nd Q round, Gubacsi was tougher in final quali round and now a very good win over Craybas who she faced cause Oprandi withdrew.
Good luck with the rest of the tournament. :D :hug:

·
The long and winding road.
50,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked the scores in the second set and she was 3-5 down and then won the next 4 games and also won 4 games in a row from 2-2 in the third set.

·
Premium Member
182,033 Posts
Andrea ;) :woohoo:
she really should have been doing alot better than she has in her career to date.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Congrats Andrea :yeah: Nice win :D :D She will face Cibulkova in the next round :D It should be an interesting match :yeah: :bounce:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
That is a surprise :eek:

Congrats

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,718 Posts
Huge win for Andrea. Absolutely immense. How huge?

Her 1st ever WTA level main draw victory. Her highest ranked scalp ever in Jill Craybas. Her 3rd big escape in 4 matches this week. And what must be especially nice for her is that the biggest win of her career so far should happen in her home country where she will no doubt have friends and family to share the joy with. :bounce:

This win should also ensure she gets into the Wimbledon qualies and I'm looking forward to seeing her there. And it gets her just off her career high ranking. A very very big congradulations is in order for this one. :bigclap:

I like Domi Cibulkova alot but I will definately be hoping Andrea can pull off an even bigger victory next round although the way Domi is playing right now it won't be at all easy.

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Jill :sad:

Great win for Andrea though :hearts:

·
Premium Member
182,033 Posts
Jill on red clay is a :lol:
on green clay....... be :scared:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts