Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you know, I have started this thread during the US Open to document my time as a media member there. For those who may not know, here is it how it will work: I will be providing articles, photos and analysis from the Cary Leeds Center for the entirety of the tournament.

The schedule and draws will be posted by me as soon as it becomes available. You can request for me to take photos of certain players or even help me decide which matches to watch (there are only two courts, so it won't be hard to fulfill requests).

Now, I am here in the Bronx as we speak to pick up my credential. As they are still processing it, players are practicing. There will be pictures to follow. Also, this thread can be used to discuss anything related to the tournament.

Let's enjoy the journey of this new event together :)

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The facilities for the players and media alike are close together. I was sitting on a bench outside watching practice and right behind me, Kanepi was running on the treadmill :lol:. I wasn't gonna get a picture, though :eek:h:.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
These events with simple structures are the best to get close to the players and even have some chat.
I have been in Lugano this and the previous year, similar situation, and from this point of view they are the best, and the same seem here in Bronx.
Hope this tournament remains on the calendar, next year I can think about going there.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Power Shot, yuors reports and pictures are always really appreciated?
Is Giorgi practicing there?
No. Camila is not practicing here today. It's basically just the qualifiers or wild cards.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These events with simple structures are the best to get close to the players and even have some chat.
I have been in Lugano this and the previous year, similar situation, and from this point of view they are the best, and the same seem here in Bronx.
Hope this tournament remains on the calendar, next year I can think about going there.
The facility is wonderful. Many players and coaches during World TeamTennis raved about it.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And here are some photos.

Stosur

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The qualifying draw will be out between 5-6pm my time (Eastern Standard Time) and the main draw ceremony is at 1pm tomorrow.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately Danielle and Dayana have both withdrawn. Danielle is replaced by Kudermetova while Dayana's spot is filled by Van Uytvanck.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is Center Court:

Reverse view from the terrace:

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And the second court:

Reverse terrace view:

In the first picture, those seats to the right are the only seats on the court.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Any Petra sightings yet? This looks like it could be a fun tournament - small and intimate but some great players lined up. Hope they get lots of people as it’s free! Could be a great atmosphere

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any Petra sightings yet? This looks like it could be a fun tournament - small and intimate but some great players lined up. Hope they get lots of people as it’s free! Could be a great atmosphere
Petra was not around today.

The tournament should be fabulous.

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
And now the first ever Bronx Open qualifying draw:

1 Jil Teichmann vs Hiroko Kuwata
Belinda Woolcock vs Nika Kukharchuk
Claire Liu vs Aleksandra Krunic
Natasha Subhash vs 10 Laura Siegemund

2 Fiona Ferro vs Grace Min