Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Also, changing the theme to Grey works (User CP, Edit Options, Forum Skin, Choose the Grey and Save).

·
Registered
86 Posts
#4 worked for me on Chrome.
Thank you.
I wasn't sure that I was doing it correctly.

I opened AdBlock from the button on the toolbar.
Chose "options"
Under Options, I clicked "edit" on "manually edit your filters"

Then I pasted the code
to the bottom of the list and saved it.

Time stamps and line dividers are back now! :worship:
Wish I had seen your post first- spent half hour figuring it out.

Thanks MovieMac for solving the problem.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
The whole forum seems incomplete and weird, I hope this is just a bug.
Same here. I also see the dividing lines are missing on the index pages. Someone's been messing with the forum style sheets. :eek:
Same experience here. There are also issues with missing divider lines in index pages.

The problem is, I don't want to disable Adblock plus, not generally, and not just for TF. In fact, TF is one of the main reasons I installed it in the first place.
I'm definitely getting it too. The whole forum is out of whack. All of the sub-forums are congested together too(not separated)
For me it is adblock plus and firefox
same here

Hey guys, I tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox. The time and date is displaying for me. How many of you can't see it now?

-Marie, Community Support
still not good for me .. I would not like to have to disable adblockplus

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
It works fine again after I'vd added those addblock filters :yeah:

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
It works fine again after I'vd added those addblock filters :yeah:
I probably didn't manage to do it properly since nothing changed :awww:
do I need to restart firefox or the whole computer after having added the filters?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I probably didn't manage to do it properly since nothing changed :awww:
do I need to restart firefox or the whole computer after having added the filters?
For me it initially changed after refreshing the site :shrug:

·
Registered
18,504 Posts
#4 worked for me on Chrome.
Thank you.
I wasn't sure that I was doing it correctly.

I opened AdBlock from the button on the toolbar.
Chose "options"
Under Options, I clicked "edit" on "manually edit your filters"

Then I pasted the code
to the bottom of the list and saved it.

Time stamps and line dividers are back now! :worship:
How do you do this?? I click options on the toolbar and it only comes up with general options :scratch: I don't see an adblock rules list or edit button.

Edit: Found it and this works :yeah: You have to go to customize not options.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
50,984 Posts
Pasted this code tennisforum.com#@#.theAd on my chrom adblocker customized filter and it seems to work. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
is it ADblock or adblockplus that you guys use?
for me, with adblockplus, it only works if I de-activate Adblockplus, the filter doesn't work
I'll try upload the latest version of firefox that's something I haven't checked yet

edit: it still won't work :fiery:
how a small problem can become an obsession :eek:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
is it ADblock or adblockplus that you guys use?
for me, with adblockplus, it only works if I de-activate Adblockplus, the filter doesn't work
I'll try upload the latest version of firefox that's something I haven't checked yet
Adblock Plus. Adding the filter works fine.

Do other filters work for you? Or is it just this one? If it's all, you might have the filter rules disabled.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
I actually never used the filter rules before ... I think I added it correctly to the 'customized filters' in 'filters preferences' , but it didn't seem to be working ..

·
Registered
20,937 Posts

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
I'm using AdBlock Plus, and solution #4, or a slight variation thereof, seems to have worked.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
The problem is definitely caused by an adblocker. TF didn't do anything, the class the date and time header is in, got added to some adblock rule. Usually those rules update periodically automatically. This explains why one would see it first in one browser and not yet in another, but then the problem also shows up in the other browser, after the rules updated automatically.

Just did some research. The problem is caused by the "EasyList" in your adblocker. It now includes a filter for "###theAd". TF forum software refers to the line that includes the date and time of the post with the class "thead", so the filter creates a false positive for theAd.

4. the best solution is: add the following rule to your Adblock rules:
Code:
tennisforum.com#@#.theAd
After you do that, the date and time line returns.

Since this error also effects some other sites/forums, you might opt to add the rule
Code:
#@#.theAd
instead, then it not only applies to TF, but all sites. (Note: this might unblock some ads, that use the "theAD" in its source)
:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
34,113 Posts
Thank god I'm not the only one!

Thanks a lot moviemac for this solution :)

61 - 80 of 80 Posts