Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi fans,

Let everyone know which tournament(s) (WTA, ITF Women's and ITF Juniors) do you plan to go this year? Don't forget to list them that you already went. :) And also, you may want to group a few that you are postive or still not sure or interested to go but money and time...

And what things do you plan to bring with? Camcorder, camera, something for autographs, etc?

And which players do you hope to see at the tournaments you plan to attend?

As for me,

* WTA Tier I - Rogers AT&T Cup in August - Montreal (100% positive and attend every day!). Want to see ALL the players!

* ITF Womens' - 2 tournaments in July - 10K and 25K in Vancouver (100% postive but some days). Hope to see Bo Keier and Katarina Zoricic and other Canadian players.

* ITF Junior - Grade 1 - Junior Canadian Open (near Montreal) in August (100% positive and attend every day!). Hope to see Maria Sharapova, Dinara Safina, Tatiana Golovin and other Russians and Canadian players.

I plan to bring my camcorder only to record practice sessions and some matches. Will hand a special gift to my favorite Maria Sharapova if she plans to play at Jr Canadian Open. No autographs nor cameras for me!

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
Amelia Island - can't wait!

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm going to montreal as well,since i live here,the 1st,3rd,quarter-finals and maybe the semi's and finals,not sure yet!!!
and i might be going to the US open

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Indian Wells, Acura Classic, LA Open (Manhattan Beach) and probably the Mercedes Benz cup at UCLA (ATP).

I'll be taking my camera :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The Lipton/Ericsson/Nasdaq/whatever Open in Miami.
I bought a night package where I get to see every night match. I might miss the finals since they are day matches, but I also signed up to volunteer at the tourney. If I get a volunteer position that is not in the sun 8 hrs a day (and if I am still unemployed..oops!) I might just be at Crandon Park 18 hrs a day.

I think I am going to bring 70 proof UVA lotion!

I just hope to see all my fav's, including a healthy Mary Pierce.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Brasil Open - Bahia

I hope Monica comes again, and Martina! :cool:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Amelia Island. Am bringing zoom camera for tournaments and camcorder for practices. Not too sure they will let me in the tournaments with the camcorder. :sad: Can't wait!!

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
The US Open, of course. I say it every year but never do: I will try and make it to the Bronx Challenger. (Mahwah's too far when you have no wheels)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I hope to be able to go to Edmond,10k and hopefully monique Viele will come again. but edmond is like a 30 min drive

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
I'm going to the US Open this year for some of the first week action (more players on smaller courts).

I only go to see Arantxa and Lina and Sandrine and Maggie, though. All the big names are on the big court where you can't see a thing.

I plan to bring a camera (so I can get my picture with Sandrine again and hopefully Arantxa), my giant tennis ball (signed by over 20 women and Taylor Dent), money bc the USTA rips you off, and a marker for autos. That's pretty much all you need. Oh, and sun screen, of course.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I was going to go to Paris this year but couldn't as something came up:(

I may go to Eastbourne as it is only about an hour on the train for me but that is all depending on the field.

Wimbledon probably as well.

Depending on money I may go to a European tournie in the Autumn.

But who knows!:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Usually Scottsdale...my favorite and I.W. however no longer supporting I.W.

Not cause fans booed Venis...in a way I understand that, but because they booed Serena again not so much for the b/4 but during and after victory...there can be no excuse for this...and the organizers should have started removing those who couldn't control themselves, instead they sat on their collective hands and did nothing.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Sarasota Open, bringing camera and sun screen!
Also there is an ATP event at Disney's Wide World of Sports on green clay that I may try to go to. (not sure when that is).

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Well I've been to Adidas International, and I'm planning to go to Bank of the West, and hopefully 50K Los Gatos and maybe the 25K Hayward event in the fall! :D

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Nasdaq-100 (volunteer :))
Amelia Island :D
Eastbourne (and/or Rosmalen)
Wimbledon
Canadian Open
U.S. Open

Whew!

·
Vamorza!