Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enlight of what I just read about Venus and Serena losing their older sister in a terrible crime, nothing else we talk about seems to matter on here.

So I would like to propose that for once, at least for one friggen week, we stop the trivial fighting that seems to prevail on here.

Can we all swallow that?

God Bless Serena and Venus and to the entire family.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Remove argument and this wouldn't be a message board anymore.
 

·
double-dog daredevil
Joined
·
11,675 Posts
BasicTennis said:
Remove argument and this wouldn't be a message board anymore.
OK, how about arguing without name-calling, baiting, flaming, etc.? Disagreeing without hurling insults? What if people at least try to resist the urge to "respond in kind" when attacked?

It would still be a message board, it would just be a very different message board.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doris Loeffel

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,637 Posts
griffin said:
OK, how about arguing without name-calling, baiting, flaming, etc.? Disagreeing without hurling insults? What if people at least try to resist the urge to "respond in kind" when attacked?

It would still be a message board, it would just be a very different message board.
I agree. And add that we could also have a board without the ad for the destructive and addictive habit of gambling. (And Amanda, skip the PM this time, it's 2 weeks since an ignored form submission re. there being other ways to fund the board). If you're going to ask ppl to avoid discussing "board business" in posts, you (or Poe) have an obligation to reply to serious submissions on the form you designed for that purpose.
 

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
Joined
·
35,887 Posts
well that's hard I'm afraid especially when you have a thread that is just to posts ones feelings of sadness and to have several immature posters come on and try to belittle that and think they have some "right" to do it. Well in these hightened emotional times that's like a powder keg, no?
 

·
double-dog daredevil
Joined
·
11,675 Posts
Of course it is - we're all human, right? But I'd suggest that during "heightened emotional times" we should practice "heightened vigilance" in our posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,762 Posts
This sounds good to me. See you in a week. :wavey:
 

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
Joined
·
35,887 Posts
griffin said:
Of course it is - we're all human, right? But I'd suggest that during "heightened emotional times" we should practice "heightened vigilance" in our posts.
sure we should but its much harder for the people in the emotional storm to be the clear headed of the bunch....we need those who are in a better emotional state to be peace keepers...so basically it just never gonna happen.....:eek:.....LOL :lol:.....but we can try and hope.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,087 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
This sounds good to me. See you in a week. :wavey:
ROTFLMAO! Cybelle you need help. :lol:

On a postive note, I agree with Jakeev which is a rarity. No more fighting for me this week. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,189 Posts
Id love to have ice cream everyday too for a week but that aint happening now is it??

Please if people like switz and BassicTennis continue to participate in starting arguments then how can we POSSIBLY hope to end all this bitching and fighting?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top