Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm sure someone will be able to answer my question. I usually go every year, but this year I didn't get tickets because it falls on my last week at uni and at the time I didn't know if I would have to be in all week so I didn't bother buying tickets. I usually go on the tuesday or wednesday.

My question is, can I still get in on the earlier days without a ticket, but "paying on the door" so to speak? I would be grateful if someone could let me know as I am able to make it on the tueday or wednesday - and having seen the line-up I really want to go. Even though I have got tickets for Wimby this year (for the first time ever! :)) I don't think it would be the same if I didn't go to Birmingham this year. I'm sure I'd feel at a loss if I didn't go :sad:

Thanks to anyone who can answer my question :)
-Rachel :wavey:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well i'm going on tuesday and haven't bought tickets.As far as i'm aware you can buy tickets at the gates!

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's great.

Now I got to figure out how to get there - I've only ever caught the train there but where I live they are only sending out coaches - I will be going by car if I go :)

:wavey: bye for now

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
on 1st few days there should be tickets at the gate but now Anna is playing for 1st time :eek: you never know

tickets should be available for all week really.

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
on the times i've been, the place always seems fairly empty until the Saturday, and i have seen people buying tickets at the gate before even on Saturday. with anna playing, there'll be a few more faces for certain, but most boys aged 13-16 will be in school, and most casual tennis fans will probably think she'll make the final anways ;)

i would be very surprised if you can't get into the grounds at all, but what I can say is that the public seating area of centre court is quite small, seating something like 500-1000 maximum IIRC. Last year on Wednesday (with Dokic playing) it was about 10% full.

But take extra care if good weather is forecast, as that may encourage the genteel Edgbaston pensioner community to stroll down to the club and beat you to it!!!!!

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will risk it! If it doesn't work out at least it will be a nice drive. I'm sure I would find something else to do (to the delight of my none-tennis fan sister who will be accompaning me ;) LOL) I told her she can just sit on the grass in the sun while I watch tennis! Knowing her though, she would unwhittingly strike up a conversation with someone........who would turn out to be Elena Dementieva (or someone to that nature) because she'll have no clue LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyone who had info for me!
-Rachel :wavey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts