Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Venus...
poor, poor forehand :sad:
Never pay attantion how weak Venus forehand can be.
Lindsay show all over world the easy way to beat Venus. ;)
90% from Lindsay points - forehand UE of VW.

Never saw such problems in top players game.
And you ?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Venus has always had iffy technique on her forehand. But watching this match, I'm noticing that she does better when she steps into the forehand and/or is hitting it on the dead run. She seems to be backing off the shot when she gets in trouble with it. Maybe her more agressive style of play in former years covered some of the technical problems she has with the forehand. It's just a thought. I also have noticed today and yesterday that although she still stands in on the second serve she winds up backing up before she hits the shot. That puts her on her back foot too.

I'd be interested hearing what others think.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO,
it's answer why only Serena could beat Venus in former years.
'cause she knew this "little problem" best of all.
Tomorrow everybody'll try use it.

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
I can't believe that these two players used to be an elite of WTA. A match of very poor quality. Davenport is barely moving. Williams is barely connecting her shots.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ys said:
I can't believe that these two players used to be an elite of WTA. A match of very poor quality. Davenport is barely moving. Williams is barely connecting her shots.
yeh, we haven't too many argentinians in wta tour. ;)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
ys said:
Isn't it sad??

Dramatic?? Yes

Great Quality?? No where near the best.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:
you'll have to learn how to read first :cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You sound like you're sorry for Venus, saab, but I can't feel sorry for Venus when she was quoted as saying, this very week, that she doesn't need additional coaching.

Her forehand was pathetic as hell today and it's what cost her that match. Evryone wanted to know the state of her game and for me if it still takes davenport a 7-6 5-7 7-6 match to beat venus then they are both pathetic in my opinion.

If Venus continues to sputter that swill about not needing coaching help then she is better off doing something else. All those forehand errors?

I wante dher to win but I'm glad she lost because if she had won playing like she did today she would think everything is okay. Venus playing tennis makes it so much more exciting for me, but if she doesn't get help, she's not worth watching. God what does it take for her to realize that she is stinking up the place with that forehand!!!!

What will it take for her to face the fact that her game needs serious help. Lindsay barely won a match handed to her by Venus' FH errors, and it serves Venus right! It's about time she stops trying to feool everyone and their mama into believing that there's nothing wrong with her game.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
WF4EVER said:
You sound like you're sorry for Venus, saab, but I can't feel sorry for Venus when she was quoted as saying, this very week, that she doesn't need additional coaching.

Her forehand was pathetic as hell today and it's what cost her that match. Evryone wanted to know the state of her game and for me if it still takes davenport a 7-6 5-7 7-6 match to beat venus then they are both pathetic in my opinion.

If Venus continues to sputter that swill about not needing coaching help then she is better off doing something else. All those forehand errors?

I wante dher to win but I'm glad she lost because if she had won playing like she did today she would think everything is okay. Venus playing tennis makes it so much more exciting for me, but if she doesn't get help, she's not worth watching. God what does it take for her to realize that she is stinking up the place with that forehand!!!!

What will it take for her to face the fact that her game needs serious help. Lindsay barely won a match handed to her by Venus' FH errors, and it serves Venus right! It's about time she stops trying to feool everyone and their mama into believing that there's nothing wrong with her game.
Venus is still going to think this way, who are you kidding??

I honestly don't think Venus sees anything wrong in her game.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
Venus knows she needs to work on her forehand....that's why she is working on her forehand. Working on a weakness takes a while for it to get better. If you think working on something for a week or a month is going to change a lifetime of being you're wrong.

Mary Jo mentioned that she's been working on it all week and I'm sure she is...

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
If any of you watched the match, Venus' forehand actually got better as the match went on. Her problem now is trying to figure out how to win tiebreaks. She has lost four so far this season.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
WF4EVER said:

:worship: PREACH!!

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
lizchris said:
If any of you watched the match, Venus' forehand actually got better as the match went on. Her problem now is trying to figure out how to win tiebreaks. She has lost four so far this season.
It got better and then since she has little confidence in it, it failed her in the tense moments...That only improves with practice on the forehand until she finally has some confidence in it. That is not going to happen overnight or even in a month or two...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Her forehand was fairly decent today. You can tell she is trying to improve, but Lindsay won today, but Vee looked pretty good out there. Her serve was decent and didn't break down all the time so I'm fairly satisfied.

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Isn't it sad??
It is. With this kind of play neither is the threat for the Open.

Dramatic?? Yes
Absolutely. But Venus of 2001 would never let Lindsay into that third set. Leave alone she would never let her out of that first set. Her killer instinct is missing completely. She lost her last two matches in two tiebreakers, and both matches - she has no business losing them..

·
Registered
595 Posts
At least some of the forehand errors were of the "forced" unforced variety. Lindsay hits deep, heavy shots which are much more difficult to reply to on the run. While some of Venus' forehand misses were atrocious, many were just long or wide. I dont think her forehand is as terrible as some people are making out.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Venus is still going to think this way, who are you kidding??

I honestly don't think Venus sees anything wrong in her game.
And that's just fucking sad. If she doesn't get help then she should retire like sid said. I can't believe someone of Venus' intellect can be so stupid (?). God, I wish Lindsay had beaten her in two easy sets, then maybe she would have been humiliated into doing better.

I am so fucking disappointed in Venus, not for losing, but for her attitude that everything is a bed of roses in her game. maybe she still has in those rose-coloured lenses.

I'm about at the end of my string with her. If she refuses to get help then good luck to her. I really thought that she was a lot smarter than this.

I know she hasn't been great in tie breakers but from what I've seen of Vee play, it's more her forehand than her mentality.

There was an article going about saying BOTW was where it all started for Venus. It seems she's come full circle. She's playing nowadays like an inexperienced, ignorant and stubborn novice.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Rocketta said:
Venus knows she needs to work on her forehand....that's why she is working on her forehand. Working on a weakness takes a while for it to get better. If you think working on something for a week or a month is going to change a lifetime of being you're wrong.

Mary Jo mentioned that she's been working on it all week and I'm sure she is...
I would usually buy this argument, but this hasn't been months, this has been YEARS that Venus has had this problem, and keeps showing its ugly head in the important matches.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts