Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been discussed over and over again, but I always thought people were exaggerating a bit. but did you see the pictures of Daniela in Warschau this week? It's so sad, she just keeps on losing weight... I feel so sorry for her, especially because she's such a devoted player, I don't like to see her struggling like she's doing lately. I hope she finds a way to stop the continuous weight loss and get strong again

Look what a healthy girl she used to be...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First I posted it in an existing thread but nobody answered, that's why I post it in a new one now...

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
she should take 2-3 weeks off and go on a McDonald's diet, literally

·
Registered
986 Posts
What happened?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
i think her problem is, she does try to work out and get stronger, but all in all, its making her thinner. yeah she is strong w/ her arms and muscles, but in her weight group. eventually she is going to start hurting from the pace of these balls. i mean look at her, and look at serena williams, serena has to be able to hit the ball 50mph faster than Dani right now (hell the dani from back them serena would probalbly have done the same) but like i said, she needs to get out the weight room, cuz she is doing nothing but loosing mass, and gaining muscle, in which some cases is more bad. she needs to go on a weight gain diet, then tone herself up. Like Megan Shaugnessy did. She got fat, i mean in the face, arms everywhere, but then what did she do? She hit the gym, toned her fat and ere' ting, and is much healther looking and stronger.

Dani will have to learn the hard way!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Oh gosh..u gonna get the Dani fans all riled up and shit...they dont like nobody talking about Dani's weight ;)

She just needs to find the right balance between the amount of calories she consumes and works off...

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
BK4ever said:
Oh gosh..u gonna get the Dani fans all riled up and shit...they dont like nobody talking about Dani's weight ;)

She just needs to find the right balance between the amount of calories she consumes and works off...
she needs to learn to "work them off" another way, before she gets sick and dies from all those trips to he bathoom

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bezza said:
She needs to eat alot. If only that was my need.
LOL, you read my mind, I wish people would to tell me to eat more :)

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I don't think it really has that much to do with what she eats. She is one of the hardest workers on tour, you always hear of her out on the practice courts at tounraments, get heaps of pics of her training and she plays almost every week. I think she works a bit too hard, she may just be pushing her body a little bit too much and therefore needs to take a break. In the long run, I'd be worried about her joints, cause she has very long limbs and her joints therefore must be absorbing a lot of pressure, and will in future years unfortuanately risk injury. But I don't think changing her diet would do anything, by making her eat McDonalds or whatever would be detrimental and sap her energy levels not make her put on weight. But at the end of the day I'm sure her diet and weight, height and so on are constantly monitored by her mother, her coach and Dani herself and am sure they know what they are doing.

But I do think as wonderful a coach as Sears may be, he must realise Daniela isn't Coetzer who although short is really quite muscullarly built and can therefore absorb session after session. Whereas, Dani is of a completely different build, and perhaps needs a different training shedule and regime.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
oh yeah I'm sure they know what their doing all right... :rolleyes: if they really knew what they were doing Dani wouldn't be out there looking like a fucking broomstick and no I'm not being mean I'm stating a truth, she is painfully underweight for an athlete and being that much underweight is dangerous for an athlete, especially if she has to play a very long match, especially if it's in very hot conditions =P

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
For the record, it's possible tha Dani just has an extremely high metabolism. I'm 5'3" and I weighed 87 lbs until I was 21. Even went to a doc, and though I followed orders (diet etc) I could not gain weight. People thought I was anorexic. Which really pissed me off.
Cut her some slack.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
i saw her training in the friggin rain at the adidas!!!! martina nav left the court staright away at the first sight of rain and daniella stood there......then there were really bad hurricane winds making it almost impossible to hit a ball in the court and she still stayed there :eek:

im not exaggerating about the wind..andy roddick was forced to slice the ball cos he couldnt time it! ;)

i wish i had some of her disclipline ;)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Daniela isn´t poor , she´s a damn rich girl... she just lacks a few pounds. I think someone really needs to tie her up and feed her with pizza , cheese cake and stuff like that. ;)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
FYI: STUFF LIKE THAT (winky winky) doesn't always work. This judgemental junk in this thread is really is beginning to get my dander up. Do people even read what's posted before them? Never mind.
The answer is obvious. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
but earthcrystal if you have a very high metabolism are you not always "anorexic looking" thin then? (except when you get it because of illness)

hantu seems to have lost a lot of weight since the us open last year that's the worry part!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
irma said:
but earthcrystal if you have a very high metabolism are you not always "anorexic looking" thin then? (except when you get it because of illness)

hantu seems to have lost a lot of weight since the us open last year that's the worry part!
Irma, don't forget that she's probably been training harder than ever since then. That could lead to both an even faster metabolism thru increased exercise and burning off of even more calories than she was before as the same time.

I don't claim to know the truth behind this. It's possible she has a eating disorder. It's also possible that she's like I was. My point (and reason for irritation) is that it's not as obvious (or disgusting) as some people are making it. It's so easy for people to sit behind their computers and spout nasties about a player's struggles (when they don't know the whole story).

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
maybe daniela just doesnt love eating?
yet her energy expenditure has seriously increased due to more training now...

formally it was ok because she probably didnt train as intensively

1 - 20 of 33 Posts