Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
64,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Spectators seated around the Stadium Court, which seats 8,000, watch as Conchita Martinez, from Spain, left, plays against Tara Snyder during their second round match of JP Morgan Chase Open Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2003, at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. Martinez won, 6-4, 6-3.

:eek:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Wow, the attendation is so small there!

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Well since apparently no one else is going to comment on the point of the thread.. I will :p

:eek: that's pretty bad :eek:

But on the plus side..if you're there you can sit where ever you please ;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Me thinks Conchi just hit a moonball and spectators wouldn't wait hours for it to come down again so left :lol:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
attendation-lack of a formal education ;)

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
The last time I attended the Chase was in 2001 when it was still in Manhattan Beach. My schedule at the time allowed me to go on Monday, Wed, Thurs and the Quarters where Monica beat Serena.

Believe me, the morning weekday matches were NOT full of spectators. The Serena/Monica match was sold out. Unfortunately the majority of people left right after that match and they missed Chanda and Els playing some really good doubles.

Let's see what happens from the quarters on. :)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Well, someone give me a aeroplane ticket and I'm there!

While it wouldn't be nearly that bad, this is the reason why Australians want to keep AO in the school holidays, by the way. Or IS it in fact school holidays in Canada?

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
This tournament needs to be moved. The tour goes East next week anyhow, so a venue like Chicago would fit in well. LA has enough trouble filling the year-end championships. This tournament now has to compete with that as well. People aren't going to buy tickets to see Kim and Lindsay in the sweltering heat when they know they will get to see both of them, plus the Williams, Justine, and a few other top players, only 3 months from now.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
This is alarming shocking for the tour. It's embarassing as hell!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.