Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see this in the Telegraph?!!!!

DFS Classic: Theft angers Stevenson
By Mark Hodgkinson (Filed: 13/06/2003)

Alexandra Stevenson, whose entire career has been low-rent soap-opera, yesterday announced from a Birmingham car park that, in a bizarre twist of logic, she would never return to the DFS Classic because she had valuables stolen from her hotel room.

The 22-year-old American, who in 1999 became the first woman to go from the Wimbledon qualifying draw through to the semi-finals, said she had been robbed on Wednesday at her Birmingham hotel while she ate dinner in the adjoining room.

"Normally after the French Open we come straight over to England for the grasscourt season, but this is a little too upsetting," said the world No 26, who alleged that passports, £400 in cash, credit cards and insurance documents were missing.

Samantha Stevenson suggested that the thief had targeted her daughter. "They also took our security badges. She was the only tennis player in the hotel. We weren't informed by the tournament that Birmingham is such a dangerous place," she said.

Alexandra, studying philosophy at the University of Colorado, was especially irritated about the loss of her laptop, which contains an essay on Descartes due in on Sunday. "That stuff is hard," she said. Stevenson, who lost in the second round on Wednesday, drove to Eastbourne yesterday.

West Midlands police confirmed last night that they had been called to the hotel and that a woman had been arrested for burglary.

:eek:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
well surely its not a case of someone trying to do indentity theft cause who'd want to be Alexandra? :confused: ;)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
King Lindsay said:
Was it anne-gaelle sidot? ;)
most likely...hehe :D "Let's get her!" :devil:

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
Samantha Stevenson suggested that the thief had targeted her daughter. "They also took our security badges. She was the only tennis player in the hotel. We weren't informed by the tournament that Birmingham is such a dangerous place," she said.
Ok I admit it I find that statement hilarious!! What place isn't dangerous? LOL Crime is everywhere! Lock your Sh^t up no matter where you go. :)

·
35,894 Posts
I do feel bad that she lost her assignment but maybe next time she'll...................BACK DAT THING UP! :p

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Anne K. said:
Alexandra Stevenson, whose entire career has been low-rent soap-opera
LOL! :D

"We weren't informed by the tournament that Birmingham is such a dangerous place."
LOL! :D

Alexandra, studying philosophy at the University of Colorado, was especially irritated about the loss of her laptop, which contains an essay on Descartes due in on Sunday. "That stuff is hard," she said.
:D

Alexandra Stevenson said:
"That stuff is hard."
:D :D :D

Alexandra Stevenson said:
"That stuff is hard."

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Hurley! always one of my favorite posters to read! LOL

·
35,894 Posts
Cookie Box said:
So Birmingham is such a dangerous place because she was robbed there :rolleyes: And the girl is studying philosophy at university.
she didn't make that statement her mother did and her mother's not studying philosophy at the University.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Rocketta, you are crazy! ROFL! Alex, girl, you should always EMAIL yourself a copy of your assignment in case shit happens... :rolleyes:

Do they not put shit in the hotel safe? I would never leave my laptop out like that. While she didn't deserve to have her stuff stolen, that was kind of dumb not to take safety precautions, especially when you're away from home. I hope she'll have better luck in Eastbourne, both on and off the court.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I feel genuinely sorry that she lost her stuff ... but if it wasn't even the official hotel, why take it out on the tournament? And didn't she grow up in New York? Isn't that more dangerous than Birmingham (eg the robber have guns!)?

I feel sorry for Alex a lot actually. Its a shame she's too old to be removed from her insane mother and placed with 1. a normal family and 2. a real coach.

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
It's too bad that Alex and Samantha, by opening their silly mouths, somehow turn a situation that would normally arouse sympathy into a comedy. :D

Thanks, Hurley. :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts