Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

I was thinking of starting an edition of POM next week. It used to be a VERY fun game run by deftman and was thoroughly enjoyable. I wanted to know if there were enough people who were interested in either playing or judging the edition. I will need 5 judges and atleast 10-20 players. Please post here if you are interested.

I have not decided on the format yet, but if we somehow manage to get 15-20 players in, there will be a Top 10, then a Top 5 and then the finalists and POM will be announced. It would help if you guys had MSN as well. That I will explain later.

Thanks.

:wavey:

P.S: Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. I am not quite decided on what the activities/tasks will be, though I have some ideas, but if you guys have any suggestions that would be great as well. :)

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
hmm...i guess a suggestion would be...lets hope the tasks for each round don't take up a lot of time to complete

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
i would like to be a judge please :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Ali, I've already reserved my place as a judge in my exhibition thread (which you BARGED into, you jerk :fiery: :p ), but I just wanted to post here ;)

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this game :bounce: It's been so long and I'm so glad that someone, especially someone good, is bringing it back :D

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Players' List

SamL
STEVE
tennisIlove09
Ryan
Steven
Kerbear
equimaux
E.Dementieva
RedFilaJ-Cap#1
decemberlove
SpikeyAidanm
2sistersfan
jacs
deftman

Judges List

Mikey
Thomas
treiber04
*Yoav*
HoOvErPhOnIc

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yoyoyoyo said:
hingis-seles, can you please explain what this game is?
Well, I haven't quite decided what the tasks will be, but I want to make it something that won't be too time-consuming or difficult.

Basically, the players will be asked to do different tasks. Each task will be judged by the judges and once their points are given, the ones with top scores will advance. For example, if we have 15 contestants, it will be the Preliminary Round with a task given and only those with the 10 best scores will be called for the Top 10. Then, they will be asked to do another task which the judges will judge and then a Top 5 will be announced. Then the Top 5 will be asked to do yet another different kind of task and then the 4th runner-up, 3rd runner-up, 2nd runner-up, 1st runner-up and the Poster of the Month for June 2004 will be announced.

As for what the tasks will be, that's still in the works, but I have a fair idea of what it's going to be. It's going to be a lot of fun, the more people we can get. :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Well, I haven't quite decided what the tasks will be, but I want to make it something that won't be too time-consuming or difficult.

Basically, the players will be asked to do different tasks. Each task will be judged by the judges and once their points are given, the ones with top scores will advance. For example, if we have 15 contestants, it will be the Preliminary Round with a task given and only those with the 10 best scores will be called for the Top 10. Then, they will be asked to do another task which the judges will judge and then a Top 5 will be announced. Then the Top 5 will be asked to do yet another different kind of task and then the 4th runner-up, 3rd runner-up, 2nd runner-up, 1st runner-up and the Poster of the Month for June 2004 will be announced.

As for what the tasks will be, that's still in the works, but I have a fair idea of what it's going to be. It's going to be a lot of fun, the more people we can get. :)
thanks a lot :D
i'll join. i'll be happy to be a judge :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
Ah shucks put me down as a player :rolleyes: :p :D

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.