Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

This is just a polite reminder to everyone to say that the CP is NOT a general chat room,which it is rapidly becoming. It is a messageboard forum for fans of Daniela - 'to chat about Daniela'.

Yet again, I have received several comments from other users of the board that in recents days/weeks this forum has become overloaded with general chit-chat. My last efforts to try and moderate the amount of :topic: posts were shot down, but due to continuing comments from other members, I really do need to take a firmer stance on this, to be fair to everyone.

I am not saying that you can't chat, but what I am saying is that you must respect other users of the board who have to trawl through hundreds of pointless messages that are of no interest to them. Certain members are posting a phenomenal amount of posts daily which is becoming tiresome and inconsiderate to other users of the board.

I appreciate that there is not much tennis to talk about at times and that the amount of chat increases when this is the case, but please try and cut down on the chat or consider other options to chat such as IRC, MSN or by making better use of the private messaging facility, as a matter of courtesy to all members.

Thanks
Graham

·
Registered
994 Posts
oh, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess you're right

I guess we could start other non-daniela threads, but that would make matters worse since there would be almost no daniela talk when shes inactive, and I guess we could try and hang around the Non-tennis forum as well but some of us seem to lazy to do that

and at sometimes all of us are logged in but just lurking around, which is a bit awkward too

why don't we start a channel on IRC named the Cocktail Party!!!!!!

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,629 Posts
daniela's necklace said:
oh, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess you're right

I guess we could start other non-daniela threads, but that would make matters worse since there would be almost no daniela talk when shes inactive, and I guess we could try and hang around the Non-tennis forum as well but some of us seem to lazy to do that

and at sometimes all of us are logged in but just lurking around, which is a bit awkward too

why don't we start a channel on IRC named the Cocktail Party!!!!!!
we have that already........

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Just two question. :wavey:

Have you guys ever had :topic: problems before the :topic: smilie was introduced? Or has the problem been addresed many times before?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paycheck said:
Just a question. :wavey:

Have you guys ever had :topic: problems before the :topic: smilie was introduced?
A couple of things to consider here -

1. The number of :topic: posts in tennis related threads

and

2. The number of :topic: and general chit-chat posts on the board in all threads.

If we can keep both of these within moderation and to a reasonable level, we will all be helping by being courteous and considerate to all members. We already have a Cocktail Party forum in IRC which is rarely used nowadays but I would recommend that you consider using it more frequently if there are a lot of you on line at the same time. That is what it is for, chatting, and once you have finished, it is forgotten. Here, you are accumulating posts that are being kept on the forum with no use or interest to anyone else. There are no prizes for posting the most amount of messages or reaching 1000 posts in the fastest time, so please all try to remember to show due respect to everyone here.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
GrahamD said:
A couple of things to consider here -

1. The number of :topic: posts in tennis related threads

and

2. The number of :topic: and general chit-chat posts on the board in all threads.

If we can keep both of these within moderation and to a reasonable level, we will all be helping by being courteous and considerate to all members. We already have a Cocktail Party forum in IRC which is rarely used nowadays but I would recommend that you consider using it more frequently if there are a lot of you on line at the same time. That is what it is for, chatting, and once you have finished, it is forgotten. Here, you are accumulating posts that are being kept on the forum with no use or interest to anyone else. There are no prizes for posting the most amount of messages or reaching 1000 posts in the fastest time, so please all try to remember to show due respect to everyone here.
Good point Graham! :wavey: And I'll try to do what you want us to do. :angel:

And another question.

Have you guys ever had :topic: problems before the :topic: smilie was introduced? Or has the problem been addresed many times before?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
paycheck said:
We haven't had this kind of problem before, but as the CP grows in membership size, inevitably, the amount of posts increase. What is developing are some great friendships here and no-one wants to put any dampners on these evolving, but you have to remember that first and foremost, this is a tennis forum, secondly it is a place where everyone can get together, but recently this has been reversed.

I think we all need to try and calm things down a bit and consider whether the urge to reply to every single message is really what others want to read.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Last time I didn't agree with graham but I think this time he is right.
We REALLY should try to keep long off-topic chats out of the tennis-threads! This was our agreement but somehow it didn't work :( I don't put the blame on someone (I myself could be blamed a lil' too :angel: ) However, I don't see any problems arising when we stay for off-topic in off-topic threads and for tennis in tennis-threads. Every visitor should be happy that it's so lively in here and nobody should have a problem to find the real tennis threads :)

So let's just stay in the off-topic threads for the chit-chat :wavey:
...this time for real :angel: Concentration please!! ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
as long as the :topic: is kept to :topic: threads, and not on the dani posts, it should be ok. So long as the :topic: threads don't outnumber the dani topic threads. Dani brought us together, and we seem to forget that occasionally.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
kysersoze said:
Dani brought us together, and we seem to forget that occasionally.
:eek:

Noooooo, that's not true :eek:

We know who brought us together and we never forget that :angel:

The svelte long-legged angel with the gorgeous smile :hearts: and the killer shots :devil:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
you are right graham..
im not posting :topic: anymore, well at least not that much :rolleyes:

Nobody @ theIRC :sad:
:wavey:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
paycheck said:
Good point Graham! :wavey: And I'll try to do what you want us to do. :angel:

And another question.

we never had problems before :topic: existed. besides, i dont think we had the need for that anyway. we go off-topic once in a while...umm...no...that's a lie..........we go off-topic a lot, but at the end of the day it's still all about daniela. *ahem* *ahem* ......and we seem to have forgotten that. we could blame all these on daniela's absence but, c'mon, flood the cocktail party with all the nonssense talk? that's just too much! we already have enough off-topic threads so why not keep the off-topic talk there? and maybe we could go off-topic on tourney threads and pics threads SOMETIMES.

umm.......yeah, and allt's roger's cup thread is a mess now! yikes!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
GrahamD said:
We haven't had this kind of problem before, but as the CP grows in membership size, inevitably, the amount of posts increase. What is developing are some great friendships here and no-one wants to put any dampners on these evolving, but you have to remember that first and foremost, this is a tennis forum, secondly it is a place where everyone can get together, but recently this has been reversed.

At least not since you guys have been around. It's a pattern. IMO things will settle down again someday. It's done so before.

lmn :tape:

/goes back to lurking

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.