Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nika's lil sis :awww: :inlove:

13 yo Polyusha (born June 3, 2003) from Kazan has vultured won back-to-back titles in Tbilisi: Cat. 3 G14s Leila Meskhri Tennis Academy (beating Anastasia Zolotareva 7-6(4) 6-1 in the final) last week, and Rena&Dato Cup (beating BFF Anastasiya Kostromitina 4-6 6-2 6-2 in the final) this week! :bigclap:

She's won 3 singles title so far this year - she won another Cat. 3 G14 in Baku in May (beat Kostromitina 4 & 2 in the final). :eek:h:

She also reached the SFs at Cat. 3 G16 Tbilisi Open earlier this month. :bounce: Georgiazerbaijan Queen :inlove:

She's struggled in the stronger tournament she's played so far though - she played a bunch of Cat. 1 & 2 G14s earlier this year -, but most losses were close ones, to promising players. This is her first year of competing in U14 and it's often tough, I'm sure that next year and even in the 2nd half of this year, with the confidence & experience she's gained, she will do pretty good. Looking forward! :D :bounce: :cheer:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last year, she won G12 Boris Skorodumov Cup in Pinsk, Belarus, beating Abramovich, Kolodynska & Kostenko on her way to the title (6-2 6-7(2) 6-1 over Kostenko in the final). :worship:

She also won her home tournament G12 Kazan Junior Open, thrashing Dinara Alloyarova 2 & 0 in the final. :cool:

And she reached 2 more finals: at G12 Pirogovskiy Cup in Moscow (lost 5-7 3-6 to Diana Yanotovskaya in the final), and at G14 Hrach Israelyan Memorial Cup in Yerevan (lost 2 & 3 to Arina Gumerova in the final).

;)

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Baku

Tbilisi

sisters :inlove:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

with BFF Nastya Kostromitina :D

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
G14 Tbilisi #2 winner :bigclap:

Cutest sisters :bowdown: :inlove:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sisters :awww: :hearts:

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Veronika and Polina are both exceptionally pretty :awww:

:bowdown: to their parents for having brought so much beauty into this ugly world

Hope Polina can follow in her sister's footsteps!

(P.S. what's that powdery violet stuff on the table? :lol:)

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Veronika and Polina are both exceptionally pretty :awww:

:bowdown: to their parents for having brought so much beauty into this ugly world

Hope Polina can follow in her sister's footsteps!

(P.S. what's that powdery violet stuff on the table? :lol:)
Grape-flavoured cocaine :eek:h:

Yeah, they have incredibly lucky genes (at least when it comes to physical appearance and tennis talent), I'm jealous :sobbing:

Hopefully Polinka plays Les Petits As next year - Nika played them in 2011 and she reached the SFs, faced some familiar names :cheer:

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Grape-flavoured cocaine :eek:h:
Is that how they get kids addicted these days :tears:

Hopefully Polinka plays Les Petits As next year - Nika played them in 2011 and she reached the SFs, faced some familiar names :cheer:
That would be cool (live streaming :hearts:)

Tarbes is not that far away from Toulouse... ever thought of going there? :)

ADDENDUM: just watched this:

Baby Aljona :eek: :awww:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tarbes is not that far away from Toulouse... ever thought of going there? :)
Yeah, I'd love to! If I had a driving license and/or a car, it would be much easier though :-/

ADDENDUM: just watched this:

Baby Aljona :eek: :awww:
She was more mature back then :tears:

It's the U14 Slam basically, so you can be sure that 90% of the youngsters who make it to the pros have played this tournament a few years ago. and now that they stream some matches (at first only the final, then they added the SFs and now even earlier rounds) it gets even more interesting! :hearts:

They have a YT channel where they upload the streamed matches
(Bartonyuk :inlove:)

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to! If I had a driving license and/or a car, it would be much easier though :-/
What about the train? Is the tournament held downtown or in the suburbs (as is often the case in North American cities, which can be quite annoying)

She was more mature back then :tears:
:lol:

I suppose lack of maturity is the price to pay for getting all those hilarious reactions and facial expressions (not sure how long Wim Fissette will last, though :lol:)

It's the U14 Slam basically, so you can be sure that 90% of the youngsters who make it to the pros have played this tournament a few years ago. and now that they stream some matches (at first only the final, then they added the SFs and now even earlier rounds) it gets even more interesting! :hearts:

They have a YT channel where they upload the streamed matches
(Bartonyuk :inlove:)
The future of tennis is looking good!
Very cool to have this tournament so close to your home :)

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(A few pics of LesPetitsAsnika :awww:)

ft. Matureljona (they played doubles together :eek:)

Reactions: Spiritof42

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turkey, with Kostromitina, Vedernikova, Astyushina

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:lol:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
always getting what i want
17,853 Posts
I didn't know Veronika's sister played. I hope she has a successful career!

Reactions: Sobachka
1 - 20 of 295 Posts