Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want to depress any of you... but went to BBQ out of town yesterday and we drove. Driving the US is safer, bigger cars, slower speeds etc. so generally i feel comfortable driving, but not in france; anyway, there was majour traffic, and we ambulences rushing to scene... when we go the area, there werea about 8-10 ambulences lined up precisely in formation, then we arrive to the cars and there wre maybe 6 or 7 Medics tending to someone in a car but they were lying down and frankly, it didnt look good. Obviously it seemed, at least one person perished in the accident. So take the train when you can! So youngins, and old alike, PLEASE drive carefully, and slowly, dont make sudden lane changes and remember, you may not be that concerned but an accident can happen at any time, and there could be kids in the car :sad:

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
wise words...... :worship:

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
I should be a more careful driver but for some reason i don't give a shit :shrug: :eek:

And sometimes i just like the feeling of speed i guess..

·
Senior Bitch.
10,731 Posts
Yeah, drive carefully folks.
I bike and I’ve almost been run over more times than I can count. :scared:
Although…once I think about it… I may have been to blame for a few of those incidents.
Especially that one time I decided to ride my bike while I was high…:shrug:

But anyway…yeah…please be careful people. There are far to many driving related deaths.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
there were five deaths in ft. worth a couple days ago.

a drunk driver (blood alcohol was three times the legal limit) went the wrong way up the service road and hit another car head-on at 65mph, killing all four of the teenagers in the other car, and himself, as well.

be careful, folks. wear your seatbelt, use those mirrors!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Yeah, yeah, if you just had three beers, have a coffee before starting your car..

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
i don't think three beers is enough to make your blood alcohol three times the legal limit. you could drive home without coffee on that.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
three beers are enough. you don't think so, but it is the way it is.

one very small beer (0,2l) is enough in germany to be gulity in a case of an accident.

I like to drive fast, but only when i'm capable of doing it. driving fast is not same as driving shit.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
GBFH said:
i don't think three beers is enough to make your blood alcohol three times the legal limit. you could drive home without coffee on that.
Sure, sure, three beers is only twice the legal limit.. And I mean one beer is one pint..

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Paule22 said:
one very small beer (0,2l) is enough in germany to be gulity in a case of an accident.
What do you mean "guilty"?

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
ys said:
Sure, sure, three beers is only twice the legal limit.. And I mean one beer is one pint..
ah.

i've just now remembered that you advocate drunk driving. "if you're skiing, you have no other choice but to drive after getting shit-faced." or some other nonsense.

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are times and places where you can drive fast. Like how about on a highway where there are not a lot of cars. Its one thing to assume risks for yourself, but i am not a fan of assume the risks that other people take. when i go to the States for holiday i avoid driving at all costs if i can. but if i do have to drive, i drive at or below the speed limit and stay far to the right. Too many accidents to Family and Friends to take risks now. But admittedly, when i was younger i like driving fast, pissing people off... it was a disaster. Again, if you like to take risks, fine, but dont put other people at risk. there are race tracks where you can pay to go ahead and kill yourself, but please, spare the rest of us the pain.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
GBFH said:
ah.

i've just now remembered that you advocate drunk driving.
No. I advocate responsible driving.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
GBFH said:
and your definition of responsible is "drink three pints and a cup of coffee before you go."
No, my definition of responsible is "safe". After three pints of beer I am still a safer driver than an average woman or a man older than 60.

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ys said:
No, my definition of responsible is "safe". After three pints of beer I am still a safer driver than an average woman or a man older than 60.

I hear if you drink drink enuf vodka you can light your piss on fire. it doesnt even hurt, only hurts the one you flame on, much better risk if you ask me. Those who like to drink should just get anice pair of sneakers, or a new bicycle ;)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Paule22 said:
somebody crashes into you, it's not your fault. the police find out, you drunk a beer. you have to pay.
You mean, I am sitting in the pub, eating some meat, watching some guy have a beer. I see him get out of pub, start his car, I get into my car, smash into him, he is guilty? Bullshit.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
GBFH said:
the police would not agree if they pulled you over.
That's why we hate them, and the slang word for "police" in Russian is an equivalent of "trash".. :lol: Two Russians, when they talk would never say "cop", they would say "trash".. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts