Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
It's okay when Younes does it, because he's not Roddick.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
alleycat said:
I think that is dangerous throwing your racquet in the crowd like that.
I thought the same thing when I saw the racquet fly, but I loved the conclusion of the match.

·
Premium Member
172,296 Posts
Younes is the coolest dude in tennis :bowdown:

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Jordan. said:
It's okay when Younes does it, because he's not Roddick.
The difference is that Younes does his theatrics AFTER he wins his matches not during, like Roddick.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
There is a difference between Younes and dickhead.

Younes= talent
dickhead= serve

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone loves it when their favorite players (Goran, Younes) shows emotion on the court, pulls the crowd in it, but if they don't like someone (like Andy) then it's terrible. I don't see the difference between what Roddick did and what Younes did. Obviously there's more hype about Roddick, but the crowd was chanting Younes' name as well.

But I would love it if Younes won the whole thing!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have to be incredibly biased to see some dramatic difference between the game of Younes and the game of Roddick. They both rely on huge serves and huge forehands. They're both pretty scrappy, get a lot of balls back. Younes has a great slice backhand which he uses very effectively, Andy can come over his backhand or slice it, both moderately effective. They're both pretty good at the net. They're both very competitive. Younes is more creative with his shots. Andy has a fantastic second serve.
The rest is just hysteria.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Please, Younes doesn't rely on his serve. If dickhead's serve is off, he loses. Younes has much more depth in talent, that he can rely on. Dickhead has the worst technique in tennis HISTORY! He volleys like a schoolgirl.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,823 Posts
mishar said:
You have to be incredibly biased to see some dramatic difference between the game of Younes and the game of Roddick. They both rely on huge serves and huge forehands. They're both pretty scrappy, get a lot of balls back. Younes has a great slice backhand which he uses very effectively, Andy can come over his backhand or slice it, both moderately effective. They're both pretty good at the net. They're both very competitive. Younes is more creative with his shots. Andy has a fantastic second serve.
The rest is just hysteria.
thanks yous so muches...go Andy, James, Andre and Juanqui :hearts:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
mishar said:
Everyone loves it when their favorite players (Goran, Younes) shows emotion on the court, pulls the crowd in it, but if they don't like someone (like Andy) then it's terrible. I don't see the difference between what Roddick did and what Younes did. Obviously there's more hype about Roddick, but the crowd was chanting Younes' name as well.

But I would love it if Younes won the whole thing!!
Big double standard right there.

Go Roddick win the USO.

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
Trying to involve the crowd so that they could help you win a match is stupid and would back fire at you in the end: case and point - ASV. She played this trick against Serena in Montreal semi (three years ago?) although it didn't work out in the end. But, finally, just before her retirement, in last years fed cup final, her own crowd made her cry by heckling her. I guess that's what they call what comes around, goes around.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Younes also uses angles instead of pure power like dickhead. It seems you are incredibly biased yourself, mishar.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.