Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So next week Kim Clijsters will return to WTA Tour at Dubai! :p
Which players do you want Kim to draw in her comeback and why? :)

I want Kim vs Serena and Sharapova. A battle of great players and stars :love:
(And hopefully Kim can show Serena and Maria their weaknesses and wake them up.)

Also
Görges
Giorgi
Keys
Ostapenko
(Kim can teach them about consistency.)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I've actually been thinking about this for the past few days.

Kim throwing herself into the deep end in her first tournament back after such a long absence is fascinating.

Genuinely looking forward to it.

To answer the question, I kinda want her to draw Svitolina.

·
Registered
52,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like others haven't already been doing this.
It will only be alarming for Serena and Maria if the returning Kim exposes their weaknesses.
So far they are sleeping (especially Serena), not aware and do not solve their problems on court at all.
The slow footwork/movement (-> many UEs) is a big problem for Serena! She must improve it.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
In Dubai, the qualifier list is packed, I want her to draw a qualifier who already has 2 matches under her belt in R1, and no media to be concerned about. Hopefully not Fatma to get WC vs WC.

·
Registered
52,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pliskova 🤭
I've actually been thinking about this for the past few days.

Kim throwing herself into the deep end in her first tournament back after such a long absence is fascinating.

Genuinely looking forward to it.

To answer the question, I kinda want her to draw Svitolina.
Haha. Yes, that would be cool too ;)

But I hope Kim gets a soft R1 in Dubai. Hopefully WC Fatma Al Nabhani.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
It will be exciting for younger players who weren't around when she played before to get to play her now eg Osaka, Vondrousova, Andreescu, Rybakina, Gauff etc.

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
Considering that Sharapova was her last WTA match at the 2012 Olympics, it's only fitting they face each other very soon..

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I wanna see Kim drag Maria Sharapova and the other mother. A match against Ostapenko would be also nice as she was one of her favourite players. Obviously one against Mertens would also be interesting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts