Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wozniacki's FH has to be a contender for the worst shot of all time along with Errani's serve. At least Niculescu's FH slice drives many players nuts. Wozniacki's FH is ineffective, harmless. It was pretty evident in the AO final when she resorted to retrieving most of the time. Is there any player who has a worse or equally bad FH ?
sour grapes??

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Radwańska.

And about 175 players from top200.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It just irritates me when she “slaps” it, it’s like she’s not transferring her strength to the shot it just disappates into thin air.

·
Registered
11,305 Posts

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
I've thrown plenty of criticism at Caro's forehand in the past. It was an over-rotated mess with awful footwork. Hell I've even lampooned the thing in cartoon form. But credit where it's due, she's addressed the issue and it's now a much improved shot. Hence the slam title.
It was , at the end of 2017. At AO, it was back to being useless. The fact that Simona hit 20 winners in their FH-FH exchanges speaks a lot about wozniacki's FH. Simona's FH is her weakest side prone to breakdown.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wozniacki's FH has to be a contender for the worst shot of all time along with Errani's serve. At least Niculescu's FH slice drives many players nuts. Wozniacki's FH is ineffective, harmless. It was pretty evident in the AO final when she resorted to retrieving most of the time. Is there any player who has a worse or equally bad FH ?
I'm sick of uneducated haters who didn't watch one match or make a conclusion out of one... Wozniacki's forehand has improved vastly over the years and especially in the last couple of months. She showed this in Singapore, there were even matches where she hit more FH winners than her BH.

So get educated and stop making useless threads to gather the rest of the living pressed souls around. I'm sure most of them were found dead after Saturday anyway.

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
Bacsinszky's "junkballs" are not intentional. She simply cannot hit a consistent forehand.
intentional or not, it isn't as harmless as Wozniacki's. Same with Niculescu. Players with patience can easily expose them but others struggle. And no player struggles against Wozniacki because of the latter's FH

·
Registered
114,481 Posts
I'm sick of uneducated haters who didn't watch one match or make a conclusion out of one... Wozniacki's forehand has improved vastly over the years and especially in the last couple of months. She showed this in Singapore, there were even matches where she hit more FH winners than her BH.

So get educated and stop making useless threads to gather the rest of the living pressed souls around. I'm sure most of them were found dead after Saturday.
Even years ago, Wozniacki was #1 for 67 weeks and won at least one title every year, that is still going in 2018
Plus she is #4 in career prize money at age 27
I think her forehand has won her a lot of titles and she stayed healthy hitting it a billion times. Things could be a lot worse than winning YEC, AO and going to #1 for week #68, and a lot worse than being YE #1 for 2010, 2011

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
It's no secret that other parts of her game compensate for her weak FH. Players with better FHs can't do other things as well as Caro which is why many many players can only dream of having a career like hers.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts