Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I've got an example from the men's game. You could use any of Henman's semifinals at wimbledon but the one in particular that I think was his best chance was back in 2001. He was so close to winning that match. The matchup with Rafter would've been a tossup but I'm sure he'd have prefered that to his perennial conqueror Sampras. Now it doesn't seem so certain that he'll reach the semis again.

Another one in my opinion was Sjeng Schalken at last year's wimbledon. If he'd have beated Hewitt in that long 5 setter, I'd have given him good odds to beat Henman in the semis and Nalbandian in the final. I don't know if he'll get such a good opportunity again and his hard and flat game seemed to be finally coming together at the right time with Sampras and Agassi out of the picture and his next opponents being a serve and volleyer without a big serve and a baseline hugger.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
C'Mon(ica) said:
What about Lucic against Graf in Wimbledon '99. Wasn't she up a set and a break in that SF?
lol, I don't think at that point anybody thought that it was her last chance to make a gs final, but how things change :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.