Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicole pratt won the Aussie Juniors in 91 or 02 and her best result was finals of Kiwi open this year who are some others
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
Nancy Feber
Julie Steven
Nino L. (from Georgia)

And a whole heap of Australians:
Annabel Ellwood
Trudi Musgrave
Siobhan Drake
Joanne Limmer
Maija Avotins
Lisa McShea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,571 Posts
Rossana De Los Rios:

World #1 junior 1992, junior grand slam champion.
then she got married..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,064 Posts
Cara Black. When she won Wimbledon singles title she was 18. Hingis won it the same year at 16:tape:
 
  • Like
Reactions: cometz9

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,774 Posts
Angelique Widjaja- She won two junior grand slam titles, and then went on to win 2 small WTA titles. She's had injury problems lately, though :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,686 Posts
TheBoiledEgg have huge archive about this question, but i give you only juniors GS winners in last 10 seasons:

AUSTRALIAN OPEN
1995 Siobhan Drake-Brockman (AUS) 16
1996 Magdalena Grzybowska (POL) 16
1997 Mirjana Lucic (CRO) 14
1998 Jelena Kostanic (CRO) 16
1999 Virginie Razzano (FRA) 15
2000 Aniko Kapros (HUN) 16
2001 Jelena Jankovic (YUG) 16
2002 Barbora Strycova (CZE) 15
2003 Barbora Strycova (CZE) 16
2004 Shahar Peer (ISR) 16
2005 Vika Azarenka (BLR) 15
2006 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 14



ROLAND GARROS
1995 Amelie Cocheteux (FRA) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 16
1997 Justine Henin (BEL) 15
1998 Nadia Petrova (RUS) 15
1999 Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) 18
2000 Virginie Razzano (FRA) 17
2001 Kaia Kanepi (EST) 15
2002 Angelique Widjaja (INA) 17
2003 Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) 18
2004 Sesil Karatancheva (BUL) 14
2005 Agnes Szavay (HUN) 16
2006 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 17



WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS
1995 Aleksandra Olsza (POL) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 17
1997 Cara Black (ZIM) 18
1998 Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) 17
1999 Iroda Tulyaganova (UZB)17
2000 Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG) 17
2001 Angelique Widjaja (INA) 16
2002 Vera Douchevina (RUS) 15
2003 Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 17
2004 Katerina Bondarenko (UKR) 17
2005 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 16
2006 Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 15



US OPEN
1995 Tara Snyder (USA) 18
1996 Mirjana Lucic (CRO) 14
1997 Cara Black (ZIM) 18
1998 Jelena Dokic (AUS) 15
1999 Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) 15
2000 Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG) 17
2001 Marion Bartoli (FRA) 16
2002 Maria Kirilenko (RUS) 15
2003 Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 17
2004 Michaella Krajicek (NED) 15
2005 Vika Azarenka (BLR) 16


My personal favorite is Mirjana Lucic, because she have only 14 years when reach two GS titles!!!



Also, very interesting is to see some finals in last couple years and see what hapen with winner and what with runer up player in future:

Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) d. Kim Clijsters (BEL) 7-6 6-3 at Wimbledon 1998
6-Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) d. 2-Nadia Petrova (RUS) 6-3 6-2 at USO 1999
4-Kaia Kanepi (EST) d. 6-Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 6-3 1-6 6-2 at RG 2001
(8)Angelique Widjaja (INA) d. (15)Dinara Safina (RUS) 6-4 0-6 7-5 at wimbledon 2001
(10)Marion Bartoli (FRA) d. (9)Svetlana Kuznetzova (RUS) 4-6 6-3 6-4 USO 2001
7-Barbora Strycova (CZE) d. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 6-0 7-5 at AO 2002
Vera Douchevina (RUS) (8) d. Maria Sharapova (RUS) (7) 4-6 6-1 6-2 at Wimbley 2002
Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) d. q-Anna Tchakvetadze (RUS) 6-4 3-6 6-3 at Wimbley 2003
Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) (4) d. Michaela Krajicek (NED) (2) 6-3 7-5 at uUSO 2003
[13]Shahar Peer ISR d. [3]Nicole Vaidisova CZE 61 64 at AO 2004
Katerina Bondarenko UKR (6) d. Ana Ivanovic SCG (3) 64 67(2) 62 at wimbley 2004
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,896 Posts
some pretty crappy players have won junior Slam titles - Amelie Cocheteux? Aniko Kapros?? Alexandra Olsza?? And Barbara Strycova looking to join the list as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,344 Posts
WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS
1995 Aleksandra Olsza (POL) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 17
1997 Cara Black (ZIM) 18
1998 Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) 17
1999 Iroda Tulyaganova (UZB)17
2000 Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG) 17
2001 Angelique Widjaja (INA) 16
2002 Vera Douchevina (RUS) 15
2003 Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 17
2004 Katerina Bondarenko (UKR) 17
2005 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 16
2006 Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 15
Ten years later, Momo finally wins Wimbledon in the big league :eek::bowdown:

Now if she could only win at RG too :angel: :


ROLAND GARROS
1995 Amelie Cocheteux (FRA) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 16
etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Cp6uja said:
TheBoiledEgg have huge archive about this question, but i give you only juniors GS winners in last 10 seasons:

AUSTRALIAN OPEN
1995 Siobhan Drake-Brockman (AUS) 16
1996 Magdalena Grzybowska (POL) 16
1997 Mirjana Lucic (CRO) 14
1998 Jelena Kostanic (CRO) 16
1999 Virginie Razzano (FRA) 15
2000 Aniko Kapros (HUN) 16
2001 Jelena Jankovic (YUG) 16
2002 Barbora Strycova (CZE) 15
2003 Barbora Strycova (CZE) 16
2004 Shahar Peer (ISR) 16
2005 Vika Azarenka (BLR) 15
2006 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 14



ROLAND GARROS
1995 Amelie Cocheteux (FRA) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 16
1997 Justine Henin (BEL) 15
1998 Nadia Petrova (RUS) 15
1999 Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) 18
2000 Virginie Razzano (FRA) 17
2001 Kaia Kanepi (EST) 15
2002 Angelique Widjaja (INA) 17
2003 Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) 18
2004 Sesil Karatancheva (BUL) 14
2005 Agnes Szavay (HUN) 16
2006 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 17



WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS
1995 Aleksandra Olsza (POL) 17
1996 Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 17
1997 Cara Black (ZIM) 18
1998 Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) 17
1999 Iroda Tulyaganova (UZB)17
2000 Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG) 17
2001 Angelique Widjaja (INA) 16
2002 Vera Douchevina (RUS) 15
2003 Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 17
2004 Katerina Bondarenko (UKR) 17
2005 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 16
2006 Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 15



US OPEN
1995 Tara Snyder (USA) 18
1996 Mirjana Lucic (CRO) 14
1997 Cara Black (ZIM) 18
1998 Jelena Dokic (AUS) 15
1999 Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) 15
2000 Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG) 17
2001 Marion Bartoli (FRA) 16
2002 Maria Kirilenko (RUS) 15
2003 Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 17
2004 Michaella Krajicek (NED) 15
2005 Vika Azarenka (BLR) 16
Wow, of all these junior grandslam winners only Henin and Mauresmo has been able to win a grandslam as a senior :eek:
Well I guess that really shows success as a jurior doesn´t guarantee success as a senior.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
35,539 Posts
I think Salerni could be the best example. She was just brilliant in 2000, and she showed flashes (including a semi here in quebec city), but she never managed to make it work :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152,750 Posts
Stroba said:
Wow, of all these junior grandslam winners only Henin and Mauresmo has been able to win a grandslam as a senior :eek:
Well I guess that really shows success as a jurior doesn´t guarantee success as a senior.
There's still quite a few names on those lists who have done quite well though: Jankovic, Peer, Krajicek, Petrova, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Maria Kirilenko. Plus the last 2 years winners won't have done much yet in the "seniors" coz they are still so young!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,950 Posts
douchevina, wasn't she #1 junior at 15 or 16? kanepi as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,916 Posts
Kournikova, Jankovic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,595 Posts
bello said:
Nancy Feber
Julie Steven
Nino L. (from Georgia)

And a whole heap of Australians:
Annabel Ellwood
Trudi Musgrave
Siobhan Drake
Joanne Limmer
Maija Avotins
Lisa McShea


Yes Australians seem to have great junior records and then go onwhere as pros. Joanne Limmer beat Lindsay Davenport in the 92 oz open girls final and their pro career have been poles apart. Lindsay went on to win the 92 US open girls final and has had a great pro career. Joanne Limmer didn't even make the pros by memory.
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top