Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For me Kiki Bertens. I just find her game / strokes pretty ponderous, it does not look clean to me. Also Kenin - for her grimaces during the matches and constant looking at her dad-coach. I also dislike her voice, lol.

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t understand the question? Is this a hate topic? I don’t like hate topics 😳
It is not hate. It is more about players which you can't warm yourself up to.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
You can’t warm yourself up to 🤔 you mean the players you dislike? I never understand way people watch players they don’t like.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Potapova - her ball toss gives me anxiety

Magda Linette - nothing against her personally, but that troll who cheers for her on this forum always makes me want to see her lose

·
Registered
16,570 Posts
Sakkari - I can’t put my finger on why, I just find her irritating and I find myself feeling glad when she loses early - which isn’t often these days.

Yastremska - I just cringe when I watch her and her antics in court. I guess there’s a more legitimate reason to not support her.

Teichman is another one. No particular reason but she just rubs me up the wrong way and I find her annoying.

I was never a fan of Jabeur until recently; I found myself warming to her in mini Charleston.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My dislike for Svitolina is entirely tennis related so doesn’t count as petty.

Kenin - pretty sure I’m just bitter she beat Garbine in AO final, so that’s pretty petty. Although I don’t think I’d be a fan even if that didn’t happen and can’t put my finger on why.

Gauff I just can’t warm to. The cmon’s mainly.

I rarely ever find myself rooting for either Halep or Pliskova in a match and I don’t know why. Help is a sweetie and Pliskie gave me umpire-chair-racket-smash-gate, for which I shall be forever thankful. I should at least like them a little bit.

That’s about it. I’m shocked - I thought I was more hateful.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Back in the day I had an irrational hatred of Steffi Graf, and always rooted for anyone who played her. I liked Martina and I loved Monica, especially when she was beating Steffi a lot. I have no idea why I hated her or where this hatred came from, I just did.

I also hated newcomers on game shows who would beat the returning champion that I had grown fond of.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I like the tread. I only don’t understand why people watching players they don’t like. I don’t watch players who irritated me.
Watching them lose can be highly enjoyable.

(In all honesty, I rarely enjoy seeing a player lose. Ok maybe peak Pushniacki. It’s more a sense of relief that tennis I dislike isn’t going to be lauded/celebrated).

Reactions: Perun
1 - 20 of 229 Posts