Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
It seems to me as though about 95% of Tennis players are Conservative, yet, some Rock Stars and actors earn mega bucks and hold Liberal or Left wing views. Must be the old jock mentality! I heard that Martina N and John McEnroe both endorsed the campaign of the Guy that lost the Democratic nomination to Al Gore (was his name Bill Bradley??), but I don't know much about him. <br />Perhaps an American fan could tell me if that's true and also a little about the Guy e.g. - is he more left wing than Gore?

· Registered
102 Posts
Hey JasonW, how do you know Arantxa's a Conservative? Although it dosen't surprise me. She's one of those 'I'm so patriotic that I'll not pay taxes I can well afford to help my less well-off fellow citizens' types, in her case, Spain and Andorra. My favourite Amelie is just the same, having moved from France (which you'll remember give Gay and Lesbian citizens more rights than most places, to which you think she'd be grateful to the current government) to neutral and Conservative minded Switzerland (when did they give Women the vote?).<br />Thanks for the info about Bradley, although some of you seem to think he's more Conservative than Gore, and others are saying he's more Liberal!<br />A lot of poeple in the UK, btw, think it's funny how anyone mildly Liberal is considered a Communist by some people in the States. Some of my political heroes, like Tony Benn or the mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, would've been in trouble if they's tried and stood for office in the States, I think!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.