Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a thread for the player's council including the council and open to everyone who has suggestions, etc. for the game - they will be discussed openly in here to give transparency about everything :D

As voted by the players, the player's council will include three members of the council itself and two player's representatives (two months):

- Erik (@Buitenzorg, responsible for results)
- Ryan (@Nikarock, responsible for the rankings)
- Steve (@S-T-E-V-E, responsible for the entry lists, etc.)
- Player 1#: Sabine Graf
- Player 2#: Juli Victoria Lang

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Summary of the Polls:

- Players won't be penalized for sending in wrong points, but points will be checked every week and we have a player sending in wrong points several times in a row, we will discuss it individually

- All tournaments will be put in one thread

- 5 members of the players council, including two player’s representatives

- New Points required for the GS events, Premier Mandatories and Surface changes (like it was before)

- No junior players allowed until the junior tour is back

- No second player

- Doubles: players need to sign-up in the tournament thread to play doubles; one player is enough (like it was before)

- The threads for entry lists will be opened every 8 to 12 weeks and the latest available rankings will be used to determine entries; when the draws are done, the latest available rankings will be used to determine the seeding; but I will include larger amounts of tournament weeks when opening the thread. (like it was before)

- We will keep the current system with both round-robin matches in both singles and doubles (different to the WTA regarding doubles)

- There will be a minimum of 8 players (8 singles players, 4 doubles teams) in 2018 for a tournament to be played

- FWTT Schedule: if there is a week with three tournaments, move the third tournament to a spot were we only have one big event during the season to give players more choices were to play)

- Fed Cup: Keep the current system

- YEC and Inactivtiy: They need to show activity at least between the US Open and before Moscow/Luxembourg before the YEC

- If a player disappears during the season, her doubles partner will be allowed a maximum of 6 weeks to enter doubles together but would need to find another doubles partner afterwards

- Late entries will still be possible but affected players will be informed as early as possible.

- The cap of points on a surface will stay at 115 points, but experience points will be removed after 4 years.

- We will habe an Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open Series including bonus points for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to be able to be used during the GS event only.

- Deadline: keep the current system, but we will try to get the doubles draw up at the same time in 2018 and have a similar deadline every week on Wednesday

- The Elite Trophy in 2018 will be played like the WTA: 12 singles players including doubles

- There will be a fourth surface, but only from 2019 on.

- You won't be able to change your points during a tournament.

-
Final Result: No Bonus Points for the losing finalist.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I just had an idea that maybe it would be good if players had a home advantage. Maybe they could have an extra 3 points to send for a tournament at home, for example, as most players on the real tour usually play better at hime tournaments.

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had an idea that maybe it would be good if players had a home advantage. Maybe they could have an extra 3 points to send for a tournament at home, for example, as most players on the real tour usually play better at hime tournaments.
Thanks a lot for this idea, we will discuss it :)

·
Registered
47,999 Posts
Thanks for your input/ideas :hug: @MattB123

I disagree, with this home advantage idea, I think it is Unfair for the player who come from any country who does not hosting a tournament.
@S-T-E-V-E @Nikarock @ozboy1989 @Wojtek

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Not a bad idea at all - but 3 points feels a lot at the same time. If anything maybe 1 point, but is it worth it all? :lol: :shrug:

·
Registered
47,999 Posts
Not a bad idea at all - but 3 points feels a lot at the same time. If anything maybe 1 point, but is it worth it all? :lol: :shrug:
personally NO,

As I ALWAYS checked the eligible/max points to send for each player every week/tournament.

it would be more work for me to memorise ALL player's country of origin to match with where the tournament held :help:

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3 points is too much for me as well, but I agree with @Buitenzorg, some players don't have a home tournament, this would be unfair and some players have several tournaments, e.g. Jennifer Casanova could play several tournaments including a GS with extra points.

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First of all, we would like to thank both Anna and Tina for doing a great job as player's representative :)

We would like to nominate Alina Patersson @Kerberos. and Rachel-Anne Canterbury @matthias for March and April 2018 :)

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First of all, we would like to thank both Alina and Rachel-Anne for doing a great job as player's representative :)

We would like to nominate Xhaka Ymer @Qalahari and Shaitan Reinga @SRB Analyst for May and June 2018 :)

·
Premium Member
62,294 Posts
Xhaka would like to withraw from being a player's representative due to personal reasons. Maybe at a later stage this year. Right now, Xhaka needs to focus on her children.

·
Registered
24,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As Xhaka Ymer withdrew from the player's council, we would like to nominate Soo-Jung Park as a player's representative for June and July 2018 :D @soojung

·
Registered
17,046 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts