Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst

Definately Lindsay Davenport because she gets down on herself soo fast. I mean she missed 2 shots and shes pouting with her head down and throwing her record.

Next is Jelena Dokic, she looks like a lost soul. I mean she smacks 3 winners and then dumps 4 balls in the net. She looks lost on court like she doesn't know what to do.

Justine Henin- after the French shes definately has my worst attitude on court for cheating

Serena- Shes tooo emotional, i mean that was rude when she said c'mon at Els Callens Double Fault.

No doubt Venus, I mean you never see her throw her racquet down or pout. You never know if shes winning or losing. She has a determined face on always. That intimidates most players

· Registered
882 Posts
Yeah i agree i think Venus has the best attitude along maybe with Kim who is very fair on court.

Worst
Serena some times get on nerves when she she just saids "come on" at the wrong times. ie US Open last year playing Bartoli (i think that how you spell it) she was 51 50 something like that Serena gets a let cord the ball dribles over the net so the kid cant get it and Serena shout "COME ON".
for me I dislike that more then swearing on court and throwing your rackett

· Registered
7,517 Posts
Worst (top 3)

#1 Lindsay Davenport
#2 Daniela Hantuchova
#3 Conchita Martinez

Best top 3
#1 Venus Williams
#2 Monica Seles
#3 Amanda Coetzer (I haven't heard so much as a peep out of that girl since I've been following tennis)

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Serena didn't play Bartoli last year at the Open, Davenport did.

Safina maybe??

· Banned
51 Posts
Justine has the best attitude on court by far. She is very emotional but does not get down on herself, and is one of the few players who is able to balance this medium. See her record in three set matches this year for proof of how great her attitude is.

Reactions: matthias

· Registered
882 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Serena didn't play Bartoli last year at the Open, Davenport did.

Safina maybe??
Did Serena paly her at the aussie Open this year :)

· Registered
11,079 Posts
cool bird said:
Did Serena paly her at the aussie Open this year :)
Nope. Guess again. :lol:

· Registered
139 Posts
Serena does get a little obnoxious (vs. Loit at the Australian Open, or against Callens at Wimbledon) but by 'worst attitude' I think of someone getting down on themselves and in that case, definitely Davenport! It's very disconcerting when she starts slumping her shoulders

· Registered
882 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Serena played Bartoli in Miami

I knew it was there i was just testing every one :lol: :lol:
If any one saw the match was i at least right with the score

· Banned
822 Posts
The best three:
Ai, Kimiko, Arantxa

The worst three:
Serena, Lindsay, Mary joe.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
depending what you mean by worst and best attitude.

As for having the worst attitude, I would definately say Lindsay. She gets so down on herself, and in big matches, if she misses on deuce, or 30-30 at an important point, she loses the game and the match because of herself, as she just slumps her shoulders and gets down on herself. I just knew it was going to happen at the start of the third set against Venus, this past Wimbledon.

The most unsportsmanlike, however, has to be Justine.

The best sportsmanlike attitude is either Kim or Venus.

But the best mental attitude (except when recently playing Serena) has to be Venus. Man, her on court demeanor, and her mental strength are awsome. If you dont believe me watch the Miami 2001 final, or the US Open 2000 semi.

I think Jennifer and Serena have brilliant fighting spirits out on court and never ever give in, and their attitudes alone have brought them through many tough matches, just by their greater beliefs in themselves, than their opponents.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
Does Venus applaud good shots from her opponent or acknowledge them in some other way? I haven't seen that, but I don't follow her so I may have missed it.

I think that is part of good sportsmanship. Seles does that routinely. Kim and Justine do it as well.

I always like that little habit Chris Evert had of saying "Yep" when she saw a winner land. It was her way of acknowledging that the shot was good and had her beat.

· Registered
882 Posts
She does I have seen her.
She does not clap but she does look and nod her head. But then to be fair very few players hit great shot when they play her as she runs them down.
The one thing with Venus is she wont give a player any thing like if they hit an ace and its called out I have never seen her walk over to the over side or anything like that.

· Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I must say Davenports body language is bad. But i do think it has got better over the past few years

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Penne1 said:
I was very impressed with Sharapova's body language at Wimbledon ... I am a Lindsay fan but her body language is nothing short of disgraceful.
Everything you say is true.

it annoys me though that, when Linzi is "in the zone", she is unflappable(Aussie final 2000). She just keeps her eyes to the ground, doing that walk around the court, swaying her shoulders from side to side rather than slumping them.

I think she needs Robert Vant Hoff's mental influence again.

· Registered
17,958 Posts
Best: Venus
Worst: Lindsay
Fairest: Kim
Least Fair: Justine
Most Emotional: Serena
Least Emotional: Chris Evert (they don't call her the Ice Maiden for nothing;) )
Most On Court Crying: Hantuchova:p

· Registered
5,303 Posts
liuxuan said:
Everything you say is true.

it annoys me though that, when Linzi is "in the zone", she is unflappable(Aussie final 2000). She just keeps her eyes to the ground, doing that walk around the court, swaying her shoulders from side to side rather than slumping them.

I think she needs Robert Vant Hoff's mental influence again.
I agree! Lindsay needs Robert, she hasn't been the same player without him :sad:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.