Registered
11,042 Posts
McHale
Jovanovski
Vandeweghe

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
Africa should have one... It probably won't be the most active, but it seems fair as its an entire continent, and tennis is growing (slowly) there.
Agreed.

It's indeed elitist and racist of Tennisforum to allow "Latin America" and "Asia" and Ociania ("Aus-NZ") but refuse to create "Africa" section. In fact the section "rest of the world" is a misnomer because it basically refers to Africa and the small European states that don't have a separate section.

So in fact there might as well not be a new Africa section but the "rest of the world" renamed into "Africa" and the tiny few remaining forum-less small European countries moved out of there and distributed to their neighbors who already have separate sections (for example Ireland should be added to the UK section, Luxembourg added to the Belgium section, Cyprus and Macedonia to the Greek section (or if the Greek start bitching and moaning about 'there is only one Macedonia' then open a separate "Balkan" section and throw the lot there with the Albanians and so forth...

·
Registered
30,966 Posts
Or just "Europe" section and "Africa" section then no more rest of world :p.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Cyprus and Macedonia to the Greek section (or if the Greek start bitching and moaning about 'there is only one Macedonia'
Greece and FYROM have nothing in common :spit:
Cyprus is fine, but we don't want FYROM in our forum, and ask any poster from FYROM (SM, Mr.Hide) and they won't want to be in our forum :shrug:

Just because we neighbor them doesn't mean we have anything in common :shrug:. Scandinavian forum, Baltic forum, Latin American forum, etc. is okay because they have stuff in common and are also often grouped together ;)

It's like creating a forum for players from Italy and Slovenia just because they share a border ;)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Maybe Kerber? :shrug:

·
Registered
683 Posts
First the first time, I walked into Player Forums and I was shocked to find there is no India section at all!

Why Tennis India ?

Just like Cricket, India is one of the oldest nations on this planet to play Tennis (more 120 years ago). Example:

In Davis Cup ties between 1921 to 1929 India beat among others France, Romania, Holland, Belgium. Spain and Greece:
http://www.aitatennis.com/New AITA/about.html

Also, Indian players are well known and won good number of Grand Slams:
=> Leander won 6 Doubles & 6 Mixed Doubles slams
=> Indians in Men's Doubles were World #1
=> Indians in Mixed Doubles have won decent number of Grand Slams too
=> Or, take from Vijay Amritraj to the latest Somdev (who played against Andy Murray in the 2011 US Open?).

It's apparent that India has achieved respectable results from the Asia perspective (at least), but I concede that on Singles front it might take a few more years :)

·
Banned
17,701 Posts
First the first time, I walked into Player Forums and I was shocked to find there is no India section at all!

Why Tennis India ?

Just like Cricket, India is one of the oldest nations on this planet to play Tennis (more 120 years ago). Example:

In Davis Cup ties between 1921 to 1929 India beat among others France, Romania, Holland, Belgium. Spain and Greece:
http://www.aitatennis.com/New AITA/about.html

Also, Indian players are well known and won good number of Grand Slams:
=> Leander won 6 Doubles & 6 Mixed Doubles slams
=> Indians in Men's Doubles were World #1
=> Indians in Mixed Doubles have won decent number of Grand Slams too
=> Or, take from Vijay Amritraj to the latest Somdev (who played against Andy Murray in the 2011 US Open?).

It's apparent that India has achieved respectable results from the Asia perspective (at least), but I concede that on Singles front it might take a few more years :)
This is womens tennis forum.You cant expect to get Indian Subforum here only because Paes won a slam.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is womens tennis forum.
Point taken, but I didn't see Womens only content on this forum. Alright. Let me cite Sania Mirza who was the first Indian woman to win a Grand Slam, also I think she was a runner up in couple of Slams.

You cant expect to get Indian Subforum here only because Paes won a slam.
Won a Slam? Read once again. And, how about Mahesh? He too won more than 10 Grand Slams in Doubles & Mixed-Doubles! Fact is, Indian players won more than 20 Grand Slams but they are Males so I can't back my request if Womens only is the absolute criteria :)

·
Registered
30,966 Posts
Sania has enough fans to warrant a forum, but there are no other Indian women to speak of so why would the whole country need its own forum for essentially one player?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sania has enough fans to warrant a forum, but there are no other Indian women to speak of so why would the whole country need its own forum for essentially one player?
I don't deny it, read this one:

Indian women's tennis is a one woman show and the country is far from producing another genuine world beater, says multiple Grand Slam champion Mahesh Bhupathi.

I'm not a fan of any present Tennis player. My point was Indians have achieved respectable results in the Tennis world, but honestly I didn't know that this players forum is meant for Women's Only. Having said that, I'm sure Sania has better achievements compared to some players in that forum list. Now, do you agree with me?

Here are a few Indian Women:

Shikha Uberoi
Nirupama Vaidyanathan
Rushmi Chakravarthi
Sania Mirza
Bambri sisters

Google result:

Nirupama Mankad won the Asian Women's tennis championship in 1965 at the age of 17. She played Wimbledon junior event in 1965 and partnered Anand Amritraj in the mixed doubles event in 1971, reaching the second round. She was India's top ranked tennis player between 1965 and 1978

21 - 40 of 1409 Posts