·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Reactions: STRONG-ERA

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
That is so fucking weird (the Sumyk/Vekic/Zvonareva) thing 😂

It's so weird how Muguruza and Vekic have been circling each other first with the Wawrinka speculation and now the Sumyk hire.

Vekic and Sumyk could be promising. Vekic will win a lot of matches, come to the net a lot, and be injured every other event. Or she'll fire him after RG.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Konta likes to hire big name coaches.

Sumyk seems like a better fit for Zvonareva.

What happened to Sabalenka and Tursonov?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Robson is talking too much. Konta was having none of it, LOL.

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Somehow I missed that catty comment of Robson's from the booth. Meanwhile, Jo is actually out on the tour busting her chops like no other. I can't stand Hogstedt (and he comes across as a real scumbag) but I don't see why he would be a particularly bad choice for her actual gamestyle.

I wonder what happened with Keys and Todero 2.0? It must be hard being her coach, not just for obvious reasons (her absolute refusal to actually construct a point) but also because she spends so many months of every year sidelined with injury. If they are being paid a percentage of winnings and appearances etc. that could be financially unstable, but also could be hard to get a good rhythm or chemistry going.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Somehow I missed that catty comment of Robson's from the booth. Meanwhile, Jo is actually out on the tour busting her chops like no other. I can't stand Hogstedt (and he comes across as a real scumbag) but I don't see why he would be a particularly bad choice for her actual gamestyle.

I wonder what happened with Keys and Todero 2.0? It must be hard being her coach, not just for obvious reasons (her absolute refusal to actually construct a point) but also because she spends so many months of every year sidelined with injury. If they are being paid a percentage of winnings and appearances etc. that could be financially unstable, but also could be hard to get a good rhythm or chemistry going.
I do wonder about Keys/Todero as well.... but because I am a statistics nerd, I looked at her past 5 years earnings... despite having injuries every year, and taken time off, her actual tournament earnings have been between $1.8 - $2.5 million every year for the past 5 years, or really since she broke onto the scene. So despite these setbacks, she usually still ends up having breakout tourneys every year, and therefore consistent with her earnings, even if it appears not. Of course this doesn't factor in chemistry or rhythm, as you say. I still think she should be landing a decent coach, and be in the mix.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Sabalenka already part ways with Kindlmann...

will stay only with hitting partner right now
God, that didn't last long.
I've said it before, Tursunov is the only coach that makes her play decently. She needs to go back and beg, it will be better all round for everyone, plus we will get many more soap opera moments again.:LOL:.

And no, she doesn't need Sascha for god's sake.

1141 - 1160 of 1186 Posts