1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
85,861 Posts

·
King
28,667 Posts
Money, money, money.

But in fairness, player/coach relationships are all business, and nobody gives a shit when a player dumps a coach for whatever reason. If players aren’t locking coaches into proper contracts then they can’t be pissed when they run off for better offers.

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
Money, money, money.

But in fairness, player/coach relationships are all business, and nobody gives a shit when a player dumps a coach for whatever reason. If players aren’t locking coaches into proper contracts then they can’t be pissed when they run off for better offers.
Even a multimillionaire like Donna ( or Wang) refuded to pay the coaches during Corona.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
No doubt. Stephanie Myles is very accurate when it comes to WTA coaching news and she said this:

So he already has a new job 🤣 I knew it from the moment I saw Torben's tweet that this was another Kamau/Sloane/Puig situation. The question is... who is the Puig in this case? My guess is Anisimova, who appears to be coachless after splitting with Carlos Rodriguez and has Nike $ to pay. But it's anyone's guess...

So it wasn't Anisimova but Kerber. Which makes this triangle even more like the Kamau/Sloane/Puig dispute. An old coach leaves his job to go back to an old player who will pay him more money. At least we know now Kerber is serious about winning another Slam. Kindlmann is one of the worst coaches on tour, can't believe people still hire him.

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
85,861 Posts

So it wasn't Anisimova but Kerber. Which makes this triangle even more like the Kamau/Sloane/Puig dispute. An old coach leaves his job to go back to an old player who will pay him more money. At least we know now Kerber is serious about winning another Slam. Kindlmann is one of the worst coaches on tour, can't believe people still hire him.
So much this.

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
Expected after Drouet blame her for not pay him during the break.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Prime Tennis commentators are saying Sabalenka and Tursunov are broken up... again! Must have missed that if it was announced

Reactions: tony p

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Lol, what is Kindlmann's secret?
Looks like Elise may have given Aryna a recommendation.

I will miss the Aryna/Tursunov union. It was like an ongoing soap opera, but a good one.
Maybe he couldn't commit to the travel, who knows, I think she will miss him.

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
Kindlmann is so useless. Why, Aryna? Why?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Lol, what is Kindlmann's secret?
It's confounding and truly boggles the mind. In the past few years, he has coached: Bellis, Tomljanovic, Keys, Pavlyuchenkova, Mertens, Kerber, and now Sabalenka. And I can't recall a single big result he has had with any player.

It's really the definition of "average man" getting a job again and again because he purportedly has experience and prestige behind him. Definitely a pass-around coach among Top 50 WTA players --- as long as he's getting paid, I can respect his hustle but I definitely don't respect those who hire him, LOL.

Kindlmann is so useless. Why, Aryna? Why?
🤣

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
It's confounding and truly boggles the mind. In the past few years, he has coached: Bellis, Tomljanovic, Keys, Pavlyuchenkova, Mertens, Kerber, and now Sabalenka. And I can't recall a single big result he has had with any player.

It's really the definition of "average man" getting a job again and again because he purportedly has experience and prestige behind him. Definitely a pass-around coach among Top 50 WTA players --- as long as he's getting paid, I can respect his hustle but I definitely don't respect those who hire him, LOL.

🤣
His only success was hitting Partner from Sharapova

he runined Aryna in two weeks..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
His only success was hitting Partner from Sharapova

he runined Aryna in two weeks..
True! The Sharapova name really goes a long way --- I remember there being a time on tour where players were just hiring her old coaches. Someone said Pova should have hired a fake coach and see if anyone would still hire them after... I'm pretty sure some WTA players would have 🤣

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Glad to see Angie back with Torben. It seems like it's the only coaching relationship in which she's truly comfortable. I know that 2017 was a hot mess year for her especially following all the success of 2016, and obviously working with Wim got her back on track in 2018. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really think Torben could probably done that work for Angie. Her best ever two-year stretch was 2015 and 2016 when Torben was her coach.

Also, how come no announcement still from Angie or Torben? It's been a couple of weeks.

1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts