1021 - 1040 of 1063 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Ferro also let go the coach that brought her into top 80 :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Kiki Bertens has parted ways with Raemon Sluiter, she will continue with Elise Tamaela
Raemon Sluiter would be a good pick-up for a player stalled in the 40-80 range. His OCC sessions with Bertens typically seemed really positive. I could see him doing well with AVU or Kasatkina or Mladenovic, someone like that. I know he speaks English very well, wonder if he knows any other languages (beyond Dutch).

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Sluiter has said in Dutch media he will not be available as a full time coach for the near future, he wants to focus on his private life first after 4 years on tour. He also already had some offers possibly also from ATP players but he will not accept any in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Martic parted ways with her coach sounded like a money issue to me. But at this point she needs to invest with whatever she has or she can say good bye to top 20. She won’t get any younger.
Has she said anything about it publicly? I haven't seen anything apart from on here. It seems a very strange thing to do at this point in her career when they've been so successful together.

·
Registered
83,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
https://twitter.com/petra_kvitova/status/1192834457646043137?s=21

Interesting. Petra’s improved fitness us down to him and he was apparently a big support when she was recovering. However, she struggled to recover from this arm injury and is arguably a bit too thin! Maybe a change needed after 2 good seasons but dismal end of year WTA finals.

·
Registered
83,498 Posts

·
Registered
83,498 Posts

·
Registered
83,498 Posts

·
Registered
21,740 Posts
Notice how Dayana doesn't mention him by name. There's a reason for that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Why doesn't Bagdatis coach his wife and have her make some money for a change? If other players who have had babies return from retirement, why can't she?"

·
Registered
76,280 Posts
Why doesn't Bagdatis coach his wife and have her make some money for a change? If other players who have had babies return from retirement, why can't she?"
It's a bit hard when she literally gave birth 3 weeks ago and also has two other children to take care of....

She is also 35 years old now and probably happily living that family lifestyle.

1021 - 1040 of 1063 Posts