Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a thread on this for a while, soo...

My player Arantxa Palm, who has had basically no success and she's already 26, reached the finals of the Argon open yesterday. Unfortunately, she lost, but the Argon Open is her favorite tournament, as she has made it to the finals 3 times now, but lost every time. So her finals record dropped to 0-5, and her ranking rose back towards 200. So then today I open it up, and :eek: Arantxa won New Haven! And she beat all players ranked higher than her. :D

1R V. Hashumana (160) 6-3, 7-5
2R R. Baldayo (187) 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
3R H. Xtreme (35) 6-3, 6-4
QF F. Onda (52) 6-3, 6-7 (10-12), 6-2
SF J. Henin (157) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
F C. Spencer (93) 6-3, 6-2

Unfortunately, though, I am already dreading her defending the points come next year. She reached a career high rank of 90.

My other player Joe Llama, well after a promising first season, and a pretty decent start to the second, he's sucked. He is now on a 5 match losing streak :sad:, and is now out of the top 650, after reaching a high of about 580.

So how are your player's doing??

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Iva dropped to number 10 and Mario to number 30 :sad::mad: (ok, i can't complain, its still good considering that they still have 6 seasons left on tour)

my other iva is 81rst and my other mario is 98th
goran was in the top 100 (89), but is now in the 110s

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Well done! :) My player are really doing poorly this year. Only one player has had a breakthrough at a slam, reaching the 4th round through Qualifying and then taking out a top 5 player.

Ohhh, poor Croat123. Number Ten? It's like a Dokic fall. ;) I wish you the best to get back inside the top 5, or at least stay in the top 10. Hey, keep your head high, you have a Grand Slam title. Between my top 2 players, I have tier IV and V, so you see how talented Iva really is...both Iva's, although I would rather see THE Iva Majoli back inside the top 10, not down to 50... :sad:

:wavey: Hi to all you Playasport fans! :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,542 Posts
well my player rose form 1041 to 538 in two days!!! Finally after three years I started playing well!!!

Too bad I play vs the 6st in the world tomorrow!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
my player is ranked 13 right now and has 4 titles already...
she won the canadian open recently by beating a couple of high
ranked players... :)

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Joseosu19 said:
I haven't seen a thread on this for a while, soo...

My player Arantxa Palm, who has had basically no success and she's already 26, reached the finals of the Argon open yesterday. Unfortunately, she lost, but the Argon Open is her favorite tournament, as she has made it to the finals 3 times now, but lost every time. So her finals record dropped to 0-5, and her ranking rose back towards 200. So then today I open it up, and :eek: Arantxa won New Haven! And she beat all players ranked higher than her. :D

1R V. Hashumana (160) 6-3, 7-5
2R R. Baldayo (187) 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
3R H. Xtreme (35) 6-3, 6-4
QF F. Onda (52) 6-3, 6-7 (10-12), 6-2
SF J. Henin (157) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
F C. Spencer (93) 6-3, 6-2

Unfortunately, though, I am already dreading her defending the points come next year. She reached a career high rank of 90.

My other player Joe Llama, well after a promising first season, and a pretty decent start to the second, he's sucked. He is now on a 5 match losing streak :sad:, and is now out of the top 650, after reaching a high of about 580.

So how are your player's doing??
I was the beaten Finalist on this Event :sad: Congrats Joseosu ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts