1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bounce:

Reactions: apoet29

· Registered
713 Posts
Really?? Is this a realistic prospect or just a short pause in the rain??????

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arthur Ashe, but Armstrong looks ready for play to.

· Banned
9,138 Posts
I just came online to check because it has stopped raining now for about an hour but ofcourse they had to dry the uncovered courts :rolleyes: I hope this is a long break but it is supposed to rain periodically here in NY with heavier rains tonight but the forecast from Friday looks good :)

· Adrenaline junkie
24,901 Posts
bajangurl said:
I just came online to check because it has stopped raining now for about an hour but ofcourse they had to dry the uncovered courts :rolleyes:
They just finished drying AA, they have six more courts to dry out for singles matches.

I hope this is a long break but it is supposed to rain periodically here in NY with heavier rains tonight but the forecast from Friday looks good :)
By radar, it is 60-90 minutes at most. There is more precipitation coming. But heavier rains would be good, better than drizzle, at least. Heavier rains usually do not last.

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
It was happening

· Registered
713 Posts
Oh dear! Here we go again! And what is with the scheduling, it's plain ridiculous!

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
Mist Stops Play :rolleyes: :eek: :help:

· Registered
2,570 Posts
They should start the men, too, on some courts; they need to get those done...and it's late enough to not worry about those who played last night.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
What a bunch of fucking idiots, standing there looking helpless. I could go out to Canadian Tire, spend $100 on two 30*40 tarps, and cover a court so the drying time would be cut to 1/4. These fucking imbeciles just stand there and stare.

· Registered
877 Posts
This tournament is a joke.

Nobody is responsible for rain, but come on, the scheduling is poor. And why can't they just cover the courts for the rain?

Oh my god! Just give me Wimbledon! US Open is really amateuristic when it's about rain!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.