Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really feeling Pink's rock sound until I heard the songs a gazillion times heh-heh. I miss her doing hip hop but it's all good. Go Pink! :)

Pink Video Shoot for "Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle" Soundtrack
May 5, 2003 - Los Angeles Export Terminal
Los Angeles, California United States

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
looks good...

·
Registered
189 Posts
she looks wild there man!!!

i love hr work

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Rae Q. said:
I'm quite sure that in certain circles, assaulting a breast that's not your own is considered harassment.

On another note, do you all think Pink is talented? I don't. Discuss.

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MarcusRock said:
I'm quite sure that in certain circles, assaulting a breast that's not your own is considered harassment.

On another note, do you all think Pink is talented? I don't. Discuss.
Hey Marcus! :wavey: I don't think she's all that but I give her props for just doing her. I was shocked when she came out with this new sound and it took me a year to get used to it but I ended up giving her props. She's an awesome dancer. I really liked her on Janet's Icon special. She was way better than Usher and Mya in doing Janet's routines and what not.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Rae Q. said:
Hey Marcus! :wavey: I don't think she's all that but I give her props for just doing her. I was shocked when she came out with this new sound and it took me a year to get used to it but I ended up giving her props. She's an awesome dancer. I really liked her on Janet's Icon special. She was way better than Usher and Mya in doing Janet's routines and what not.
But in the record industry is anyone there "just doing themselves?" I don't know. I immediately dislike anyone I think is a record company "creation."

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I like pink a lot! I listened to her last album missundaztood and I seriously liked every song on the album. I thought her first album stuff was crap, but I really think she matured and it showed on the missundaztood album. She wrote all the songs and I dont know, it was really personal but fun and upbeat. I read an article about how she stalked Linda Perry to produce her album, and I just thought was pretty cool and showed how determined she is. She may not be the most talented 'pop star' out there, but she sure is better than most of them!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I love the line in her song. RESPECT: Mirror, Mirror on the wall, damn I sure look fine! I can't blame those horny boys, I would make me mine!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
She looks ok but I miss her pink hair.

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MarcusRock said:
But in the record industry is anyone there "just doing themselves?" I don't know. I immediately dislike anyone I think is a record company "creation."
Not that I know tons about Pink but from what I remember in her interviews with the first cd she said she was sending her demos everywhere and what not and she got lucky. Her record company liked her look and sound. Yeah she totally got by on a gimmick of having pink hair and being white and doing hip hop but I can't "hate" her for that. She's not the first person or group that was just a "creation" like you said. There's enough balance I think between artistic ppl and commercial ppl for everyone to be happy. :)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Rae Q. said:
Not that I know tons about Pink but from what I remember in her interviews with the first cd she said she was sending her demos everywhere and what not and she got lucky. Her record company liked her look and sound. Yeah she totally got by on a gimmick of having pink hair and being white and doing hip hop but I can't "hate" her for that. She's not the first person or group that was just a "creation" like you said. There's enough balance I think between artistic ppl and commercial ppl for everyone to be happy. :)
And furthermore...Pink put a lot of personal effort into her second album, and I think a lot of her personality comes through on that CD, and that is a sign that is was HER creation. At times she is immature, other times introspective, other times you really feel her pain and at other times, it's happy go lucky.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Interesting perspectives you guys ........

I still think she sucks. LOL.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
marcus...yu jus jerrous! lol...pink rocks and i love her!
You were also a big fan of Carmen on American Idol ;)

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keith said:
And furthermore...Pink put a lot of personal effort into her second album, and I think a lot of her personality comes through on that CD, and that is a sign that is was HER creation. At times she is immature, other times introspective, other times you really feel her pain and at other times, it's happy go lucky.
I hear what you're saying but I'm not totally buying all that (no dis to you). I give her props for changing it up on her 2nd cd and what not but I think she also realized that she wasn't gonna go very far with her hip hop sound so on purpose she changed her sound. I don't really know which of her 2 cds is the REAL her but honestly I felt like she used the hip hop community and then dumped us when she went to make her 2nd cd because her first cd didn't sell that well. Again Keith I'm not hating on her because like I said it took me a year but I grew to like her songs from Mizundastood (except for Get This Party Started which I totally was never feeling). Good for Pink for handling hers. :)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Rae-

I'm not a huge Pink fan, I just own the CD but I was surprised by how much I liked it. I know what you are saying- I should have said that compared to other singers in her genre ,she seemed to be the one that transcended all of them.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
eww she scares me n so does her music

1 - 20 of 26 Posts