Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets go Madamoiselle Mary! Go Mary Go! I think clay will be good for her. Already she's playing pretty well on hard courts, but now she can slow things down and that is better fitted for her movement.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
the draw will soon be officiall... I'm really curious

GO Mary and play with happiness...

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Mary d. Bedanova 6-3 6-0
Well done Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

·
Registered
12,062 Posts
:dance: Marie Marie! :D

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Go Mary!!! ALLEZ.

Reactions: Andy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Go Mary!!! :) good luck! :yeah:

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Pierce finds her feet on Florida clay
Tue Apr 5,

AMELIA ISLAND, Florida, April 4 (Reuters) - Former champion Mary Pierce made a confident start to the Amelia Island Championship on Monday, easing past Czech wildcard Daja Bedanova 6-3 6-0 in the first round of the claycourt event.

The 14th-seeded Frenchwoman, winner here in 1998, outhit and outclassed the world number 354 to set up a second round match with Eleni Daniilidou of Greece.

Having reached the quarter-finals at last month's Indian Wells event, the former Australian and French Open champion was full of confidence and Bedanova was unable to compete.

"I felt really good out there," Pierce said.

"I've been working really hard and it's paying off. I didn't play Miami and just practised for two weeks on clay."

Pierce was forced to pull out of France's team for the Fed Cup semi-finals at the end of last year because of a shoulder injury, which also kept her out of the Australian Open.

However, after returning to the tour in February, Pierce said she felt fully fit once again.

"I thought it would take me two or three months to feel good and it has but I was really happy out there today," she said.

"I love playing on clay and this tournament is just really relaxing for me. I have my mum and my brother here and it's just a lot of fun."

Reactions: stenen

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Mary defeats 6-0 6-2 Eleni Daniilidou

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mark

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Oh I am really loving the outfit, it is a nice two piece one which I did not notice from the first match, oh just had a look the first match she was wearing a one piece version.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good luck in your 3R match against Serena today Mary :hug:

·
Registered
12,939 Posts
Go on Maam - I believe she has every chance of beating Serena. She's playing so relaxed and composed and destroying the opposition thus far. Reminds me of her form from Hilton Head back in 2000. Simply breath-taking performances. The lady is back!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts