Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
French Starlets Mary, Tati and Amelie

06 February 2005 - Emmanuel LANGELLIER
Read the reactions of Amélie Mauresmo, Nathalie Dechy, Tatiana Golovin, Mary Pierce and Emilie Loit after the draw of the 13th Open Gaz de France, which took place Sunday after-noon at the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium.

Amélie Mauresmo (exempt from the 1st round, will face winner of Pierce-Medina Garrigues in the second round)
”This draw is very difficult. There will be no easy game. Everybody will be playing so we will have to line up the games one after the other. The draw is very strong yet they are small so it’s rather even. It is always a great pelasure to come here and play in front of a public of enthusiasts. There is a special atmosphere, people are close to the court. It’s up to us to make the most of it. I am currently at 100 %. After Australia, my priority was to recover physically. I had easy training sessions, eveything went smoothly. After, the season continues… When I arrive here, I always want to have good sensations and play well.”

Nathalie Dechy (faces Jelena Kostanic in the 1st round)
”Last year I played against Jelena Kostanic. She has improved a lot and she’s consistent. The draw is a difficult one. It’s great to see that there are many French players. It’s a really nice draw. Apart from Roland-Garros it’s the only opportunity we get to play in Paris. I have great memories here. This is where I achieved my first major performance as a professionnal player. It’s a great pleasure for me to come back here every year. I had a wonderful experience in Australia and I want to do the same here. It’s a confidence booster. I want to keep on like this. It’s a lot of work. I have to maintain my efforts, improve my game and love what I do.”

Tatiana Golovin (faces a qualified player in the 1st round then possibly Maria Sharapova in case of victory)
”There is no easy game. I will take things one game after the other. There are a lot of good players. It’s improtant for me to play against the best in order to improve my game. I have great memories of the final phase of the Fed Cup in Moscow, last year. I won my first ever Fed Cup game. It’s a memorable event and it was a great experience. I played really well at the beginning of the year, during the first week in Gold Coast then I fell sick... I have been impatiently waiting for this tournament because I played very well last year.”

Mary Pierce (faces Anabel Medina Garrigues in the 1st round then Amélie Mauresmo in case of victory)
”In the first round I play against Anabel Medina Garrigues. I won against her last year at the Olympics on hard court. It’s a good first round. She is talented and can play very well. I am going to take this game seriously. About facing Amélie (Mauresmo) in the 2nd round? We know each other really well, we train together that is no secret. If I win, it will not be our first encounter. It would be a very nice game for the public.”

Emilie Loit (face Jelena Jankovic in the 1st round)
”It’s going to be a big first. I never played against Jelena Jankovic but I trained with her today so that’s rather good. Recently, she has been playing very well.”

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

:hearts: French Babes :hearts:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Tati chats with Ian Thorpe

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
Good grief, Amelie, keep your hand off Tati's butt! She's only 17, you know. ;)

Then again, Tati doesn't look like she minds it that much..... :tape:

Reactions: Linnie

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
pierce0415 said:

Actually, it's two French babes, one French-Canadian-American babe, and one Russo-French babe-in-training. ;)

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Tati's so goddamn chic, y'know? It's not so much about her looks (though she is gorgeous) or her clothes (though that scarf rules), but just how she wears stuff and carries herself - and all with that look in her eye, 'I know how fabulous I am' :hearts:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,041 Posts
darrinbaker00 said:
Then again, Tati doesn't look like she minds it that much..... :tape:
I was gonna say... :devil:

;)

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
pierce0415 said:

Nat "At last I'm one of these big girls playing big girls matches."
Pierce "Just keep simling than I will be winning."
Tati (Thinking)"I'm the most beautiful women in the world."
Momo "Where's Tati's butt?" :confused:

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Tati :hearts:

Tati vs Masha is gonna be :hearts: :drool:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flyingmachine said:
All Mary has to do is smile to win :eek: :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
flyingmachine said:
:lol: :tape: :lol: :tape: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.