Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you very much... this is great stuff. I'm really happy someone started that thread. Hope there will come some new images / videos about the beautiful patty. Will try to post some as well.

cheers

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
El_Gaucho said:
do you find that funny? :retard:
Its a little funny, but more of a tribute to the name (created by the late Charles Schulz :worship: who's more famous for this PP's fellow Peanuts characters, Charlie Brown and Snoopy). As you know, the name Peppermint Patty has been embraced by a number of Schnyder fans on this board, so I don't see why showing "from whence it game" is @ all disrespectful to her.
:angel:

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
El_Gaucho said:
do you find that funny? :retard:

its a cultural thing - anybody who grew up in the US in the 70s or 80s knows the character Peppermint Patty from the Peanuts series. She was one of the most beloved characters in the strip and on the TV shows so the comparison is not insulting in any way. I don't know if the Peanuts were popular in Europe but anyway you are probably not old enough to be very familiar with it. Her picture might be rather goofy looking but believe me Peppermint Patty is nothing short of an icon in American culture. :cool:

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
allez peppermint!
i never understood how people dare say she's not miss swiss #1.
who was this "hingis" anyway? :p

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Hi!! :wavey:

I took a couple of pics of Patty while I was at the USO this past weekend. I didn't watch any of her matches but she looked good during her practices. Sorry the pics might be a bit blurry but I hope you enjoy them. :)

1 - 20 of 197 Posts