Tennis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Henman gets arrested for shoplifting in a new ad.

In the TV advert for Ariel launched today, Henman goes on a shopping trip to his local sports store clad in his tennis whites.

As he tries to leave, the security guard takes one look at his pristine kit and reckons it must be brand new.

Henman protests his innocence but the ad ends with him being bundled into a waiting police car accused of shoplifting.

It is a follow-up to last year's ad in which the squeaky clean star stripped off on court.

He said: "The closest I'd ever come to a police car was when one came to visit our school when I was little.

"The security guard in this ad scared the living daylights out of me. I'm glad it wasn't for real and with a bit of luck this will be the first and last time I have a run-in with the law."

An Ariel spokesman said: "We got such a fantastic reaction when Tim stripped off his championship whites last year that we were all keen to serve up another of Tim's unexpected sides."

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
what kind of a dweeb is scared of a security guard?? :eek:

anyway, it's all kinda cute. but i am beginning to wonder at the cleanliness fixations that some of these tennis players have. first off we had Hewitt doing the toilet paper bit. and then here's Henman promoting laundry detergent. what other cleaning fixations can we come up with?

here's a few suggestions...

Moya strutting his stuff for Colgate..."gets my teeth a whiter white!"

Baldy promoting Pantene..."so clean it makes my scalp shine!"

Todd Martin for Dr. Scholl's foot powder..."my feet have never smelled beter -- and i've been playing tennis a looooong time!"

Paradorn for Rightguard..."don't take my word for it, sniff my armpits!"

and so on...:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts