Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some info and pics in the regular US Open thread, but I want to add some more here. I will be adding stuff throughout the day. First, in response to another thread, here are some pics of Julia Cohen. She was practicing and walking around the grounds. I know she is only 14, but I still think she lacks the fire to "make it."

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wtaworld2222222 said:
great pics of julia is that robert segusso in the yankees cap?
I guess it could be, but I don't know. I believe Julia knew that person.

Anyway, here are some Avants pics from her juniors match and from her main draw qualifying match. I previously posted the main draw ones in the regular US Open threads.

By the way, the two Avants pics with the same name are different pictures from different days.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of the girls I watched, I was most impressed with Ancic, Flipkens, Bondarenko, Golovin, and Ko.

Ko has sweet strokes, but I think she is too small to make a dent at the pro level. Golovin is a good athlete with some power. Golovin's outfit was low cut. She has a little body fat which hung over her skirt. Still looked good though. Flipkens is a very good athlete with solid strokes. She doesn't blow anyone off the court, but she has potential because she moves so well.

I think Ancic is still growing into her body, but she appears to take the game seriously and is a solid player. Bondarenko had a great Open. Beating Mattek is impressive even though I don't think highly of Mattek.

I also was impressed by Fuda. She beat Gambale easily. And to beat Gambale, you have to beat her. Mary does not beat herself.

Here are some more pics. I posted some of these in the main US Open thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
172,296 Posts
yes that is Seguso in the yankee cap......... boy has he "filled out" :rolls:

thanx for pics especially of Ana :) and Tatiana :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way, I still question who is advising the American girls on turning pro. With Avants, Jackson, Baker, Mattek, Gullickson, and Ichim turning pro over the last couple of years, I think most of them will be busts. I only think Baker and Gullickson's decisions were the correct ones. I agree with Logar's decision to go to Stanford.

Ichim was beaten pretty badly by Golovin. Jackson is too small and not good enough of an athlete to do well in the pros. She seems to struggle through every match. Seems like a nice girl though.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Golovin

Golovin pics. I still don't know if the outfit is properly reflected in the pics, but with her butt hanging out, the outfit was possibly more revealing than any other tennis outfit I've seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
srg1, what are your thoughts on mueller and vaidisova? what are their games like (please be specific) and how do you think they'll fare on the pro tour in the future?

and what sort of game does ancic have (please be specific - if you don't mind).

thanks for doing all this US open stuff. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is very hard to be specific about the games of the players. For the most part, I watch for enjoyment, not to breakdown the skills of the players.

Mattek is the easiest though. Very Lisa Raymond like. Except not as good right now. She appears to be trying to serve and volley. And has a similar body type.

I am down on Mattek b/c I am unimpressed with her game and can't stand the way she struts around the court.

Ancic pretty much stays behind the baseline and bangs her shots. She is very intense and constantly asked for time when the other player was serving. Decent athlete, but nothing special. I think if Ancic gets stronger and quicker as she matures, she can be top 50.

I only saw Mueller last year at the Open in doubles. I didn't see her play singles this year. She is a big girl and is more Davenport like than anything else I can think of. Don't know about the pros. She is not as serious as Ancic. Ancic and Muller are both 15 years old I believe, so they have a long ways to go.

I barely watched Vaidisova play.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.