Tennis Forum banner

Your Pick?

• Kim Clijsters (#1-6039.00 pts.)

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Justine Henin-Hardenne (#3-5077.00 pts.)

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Lindsay Davenport (#4-3582.00 pts.)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Venus Williams (#5-3536.00 pts.)

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • Amelie Mauresmo (#6-2932.00 pts.)

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Jennifer Capriati (#7-2589 pts.)

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Daniela Hantuchova (#8-2078.00)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Chanda Rubin (#9-2077.00)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Anastasia Myskina (#10-1990.00)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(specify)

Votes: 7 6.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 2 weeks before the Open and assuming no one else(especially the top ten)pull out, who is your pick for the title?

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
surfinggirl said:
I picked Justine
But if Venus is OK, she also could be real contender
No, you said it all wrong! If Venus is healthy, she´s the ONLY contender! Justine can´t beat Venus on hardcourt. Period! Kim hates playing against Venus, because Venus basically plays the same style as her: defensive, but better. Kim hates when it´s her that has to dictate and Venus is just content to let her do just that!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
bandabou said:
No, you said it all wrong! If Venus is healthy, she´s the ONLY contender! Justine can´t beat Venus on hardcourt. Period! Kim hates playing against Venus, because Venus basically plays the same style as her: defensive, but better. Kim hates when it´s her that has to dictate and Venus is just content to let her do just that!
Don't start saying things that will come back to haunt you...

I'm quite confident a healthy Venus will one day be beaten by on of our two gilrs. Williams fans are in for bold statements: I remember 1 who just 3 weeks ago said neither Belgian would ever by ranked #1

·
Registered
418 Posts
i think Justine can't beat Venus and normally Kim to on hardcourt! Kim had a bad day next week in San Diego!

Go Kim, show that you deserve the number 1 because some people think you aren't!

Ciao

·
Registered
20,768 Posts
bandabou said:
The word ONLY isn't really at the right place I think :confused: she has got a good chanse but she isn't the only contender! Juju got a lot better on hardcourt you can't forget she spended months training in Florida ... And kim ... wel I'm not shure wheater she could beat a healty venus but I wouldn't say she hasn't got any chanse at all

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great smash said:

I'm quite confident a healthy Venus will one day be beaten by on of our two gilrs. Williams fans are in for bold statements: I remember 1 who just 3 weeks ago said neither Belgian would ever by ranked #1
By the same token,
they didn't expect Serena to be sidelined either.

Also, all fans are known for making bold statements,
that they have no way of personally backing up.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
yp said:
The word ONLY isn't really at the right place I think :confused: she has got a good chanse but she isn't the only contender! Juju got a lot better on hardcourt you can't forget she spended months training in Florida ... And kim ... wel I'm not shure wheater she could beat a healty venus but I wouldn't say she hasn't got any chanse at all
It´s only that some people calling a HEALTHY Venus just a contender on HARD COURTS is disrespectful! Venus owns hardcourts, so to call her just a contender isn´t the right thing to do! Yeah, she can lose...but against only a select few. Kim will one day beat a healthy Venus on hardcourts..but I just think that the Kim-Venus matchup isn´t a good one for Kim. Venus and Kim are mostly defense players who can turn defense into offense fast.....only that Venus IS the defense/ offense player and can´t see Kim beating Venus at her own game. Sorry!!

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:

Hehey, don´t get COCKY!! Three weeks ago Serena wasn´t surgery bound either!! If Serena stayed healthy, Kim would only have become no.1 AFTER the Open.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Just get better Venus.. U are the hope of the USA and CBS. Who the hell want to want the US Open final monday night..8pm Prime time featuring Kim Clijsters and Justin Henin

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.