Tennis Forum banner

621 - 640 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Yeah, I won! :woohoo: Congrats to fellow winner Nexeo. :yeah: Thanks to Nir, Sandg and Spikey and to Sharapova and Golovin :hearts::drool: who won it for me today!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
alright, still haven't got the answer from Sandg :confused:

Sharapova over Golovin

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
Nicky2002 said:
alright, still haven't got the answer from Sandg :confused:

Sharapova over Golovin
Nicky,

I didn't read your question, I also didn't count the League Table. Nir have done it.

Its good for safety that you take the final pick.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
paw16 golovin over sharapova

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,373 Posts
:bowdown: Interview with Birmingham joint-CHAMPION - canuckfan (CAN) :bowdown:

canuckfan, how does it feel to win your second title?

canuckfan: It feels great. I had a hard time earlier this year but now it's getting better and better.

You had an amazing first two tournaments last year, you seem to be making the transition up the PAW rankings quite nicely, what has been the key to your success?

canuckfan: Chance plays a big part in PAW. But I would say that following less-known players (who play juniors or challengers) helps a lot when it's time to pick big upsets.

What was the most vital PAW pick you did this week?

canuckfan: Anne Kremer gave me 61 points this week but almost everybody picked her. Without a Sharapova/Golovin joint win on saturday, I would probably have finished in 11th place. And Golovin came back from being 0-3 down in the 3rd set. So Golovin over Loit was probably my most vital succesful pick this week.

How does it feel to share the title with Nexeo?

canuckfan: I'm very happy! I want to congratulate him and to wish him success in the coming weeks!

Do you feel more confident for Wimbledon now?

canuckfan: Well I sucked in my first two grand slams so I will probably have to change my strategy. But a title on grass is a good confidence booster for sure!

Thank you for your time canuckfan and good luck for the reason of the season.

canuckfan: It's been a pleasure. I hope it's the first of many titles because I want to qualify for the year-end championship. I want to thanks Nir for managing this tournament. Thanks to Sandg for always posting the scoring points in record time. And finally thanks to Spikey for managing this great game :clap2:

End of Interview.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nicky2002 said:
Dear Sandg

Have I picked all my PAWs yet? I'm kind of unsure. I thought I aready had but the leage table after semi shows I still have one more PAW to play. :confused:
You pawed 15 mathces and another 1 that was invalid (Morigami over Czink) and since you didnt replace it then you get another paw which is Sharapova over Golovin I hope that you understand ;) :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Final league table is up see post #4 :)

Congrats to our winners canuckfan and Nexeo :worship:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,373 Posts
Interview with Birmingham riser - matthias (GER)

This is your fifth PAW top 10 finish for the year, how does it feel?

matthias: it feels good, specially to be top10 in such a big tournament. sure, it was "just" a Tier3 tournament but with more then 100 players. and so it is a really great result for me, and i´m really happy about

You gained an early lead by using up all your picks after the second round, is this a new tactic you are experimenting with?

matthias: not really, i just saw there are few points to earn, and i thought i have to take this chance. sure i had one or two stupid picks like Black over Loit. but i think it was a good decision.

Probably two of your most important picks were “Vinci over Kirilenko” and “Vinci over Dechy.” You were quite lucky with the second one?

matthias: yes, it was very lucky with Vinci over Dechy, but i was sure Vinci will have a lot confidence. because she won 3 matches in qualifiyng and beat Kirilenko, thats why i was really sure she can win this. and we all know luck is a important fact of the game

How is PAW growing in Germany, crazillo's French Open triumph must have inspired some youngsters there?

matthias: crazillo´s perfromence at Roland Garros was just amazing. i never thought a german player can win a GrandSlam Torunament yet. but he showed us, and not just us german player that everyone will get the chance to win a tournament and maybe a GrandSlam. and this is the most important message from him win. for all of us.

This is your second semi-final of the year, is your next goal – to win a tournament?

matthias: sure, i think everyone who is playing PAW want to win a Title, but you need to realistically. and i know to be top5 out of more then 100 players is a great achievement.

You adapted to grass really well this week in Birmingham, does this make you more confidence for the Fed Cup QF vs Australia, that is held on grass?

matthias: sure it is good for my confidence, specially after some bad results in the past few weeks
but i think the surface will not be so important for FED-Cup against Australia. Australia is the big Favorit, but we will give our best and will give a great fight, and maybe we can surprise again

Congrats on your performance this week matthias and good luck in the future.

matthias: thanks, and to all the people who spend so much time on this great Game , thank you

End of Interview.

621 - 640 of 642 Posts