·
Registered
2,981 Posts

Oh wait, you said heartbreaking
:sad:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Well this is his farewell tour. I mean did you really expect him to go all the way? The tears are understandable because it is the only major he won. However if he does this at every tournament he plays for the rest of the year then that is just ridiculous. Hes retiring not dying.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
e's crying here at Roland Garros because this is a special place for him. He was a young kid with a dream and he won a grandslam here on the Paris soil. Soil that is hard to win on and soil that imho shows the true tennis game. He won't cry after all of his tournaments only this special one. I am glad I saw it on T.V.

Kudos for ESPN for giving us one last glimpse of Chang playing on the red clay. So he didn't win but we still saw why he is such a great champion. He fought with his head held high and gave his opponent the up most respect in defeat.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I think ESPN did a great job of covering Chang's match, his glorious triumph of '89 and all that came with it.

Keep being the great champion player you are Michael.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
My heart drops after seeing the photo:sad:
I would cry either if i were him.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
Well this is his farewell tour. I mean did you really expect him to go all the way? The tears are understandable because it is the only major he won. However if he does this at every tournament he plays for the rest of the year then that is just ridiculous. Hes retiring not dying.
the only major he won....at least he won something and that made the difference....players like Henman, Philippousis would trade places with him. :p

Best of Luck Michael!!!! You'll always be remembered!!!!

·
Registered
25,228 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
rhz said:
What a great champion, so sad to see him leave like this...
His own choice... if he didn't want to leave like this, he shouldn't have insisted on the ridiculous, WC-sucking ego trip which is this 'farewell tour'. Let's face it, he got drawn against one of the most slumping players in the draw and still got creamed.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

·
Registered
5,760 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

Oooops, I keep clicking the wrong thread. Sorry.
Michael :sad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts