Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Big-serving Australian Mark Philippoussis predicted Sunday he would win the men's title at the 2002 Wimbledon championships, where he has been a quarter-finalist three times in the past four years.

``I'm going to win Wimbledon this year. I know it and I will,'' Philippoussis was quoted as saying in The Sunday Age newspaper. ``I'm definitely going to win it.''

Philippoussis, 25, missed much of the 2001 season after undergoing knee surgery for the third time in March.

Now 10 kilograms lighter thanks to a new training program under former Davis Cup player Peter McNamara, Philippoussis reached the final of the Australian men's hardcourt championship in Adelaide last week before losing to top seed Tim Henman.

``Who knows, if I wouldn't have got injured I would have just gone through my tennis career and, you know, maybe just gone in the top 10 now and again, but just stayed in the top 20 and, you know, been happy and partied and my tennis career would have been over and I would have regretted it,'' Philippoussis said.

``But now I've had a big wake-up call and, like I said, I'm committing myself to the tennis, whereas in the past it hasn't been like that.''

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
maybe he can start practising his speech already together with Alexandra:)

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
If he keeps playing good and without injury until there so.. :eek:

·
Registered
32,314 Posts
Well, he might make the final, but we all know that GORAN WILL WIN AGAIN!!!!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Lets hope he can beat Henman ;) Shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
He has the game to win Wimbledon! In fact if he is healthy for the most part of this year he is MY PICK to win it.:)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Good luck to him, please let him beat Henman on the way (again) - and preferably early on so we can watch some of the other players.

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
oh my god, my dear friend Kart doesn't like Henman, your fellow couuntryman ;)?

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Of course, and Great Brittain will be a Republic next year:rolleyes:
He should be more concentrated in his game and stop saying nonsenses!!!!
He will not win it this year, the champion will be Federer:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts