Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is really annoying me now, He made so many mistakes his week.

Elena Dementieva is yet to win a title> WRONG she won Amelia Island in a match you commentated on.

Elena Bovina won Quebec in 1999> She did?

He really liked the double hander on Juju today :rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
At least he knows when to keep his mouth shut instead of trying to set a new record in tennis commentary cliches...

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like Simon Reed all in all, one of the more intelligent commentators there is despite a few slips.

·
Registered
338 Posts
don't like Simon annoying man & he certainly lets u know which player he prefers. jo's annoying she says the same phrases all the time "u never which way she's going to hit the ball". give me david mercer and frew macmillian any day

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Sam Smith

We Love Sam Smith!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love Simon Reed and Jo Durie together. They obviously get on and are ethusiastic and entertaining without talking too much. And it would be impossible for them to know everything about everyone every time. Hope they do the US Open together, too.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I prefer Simon Reed's laid back approach to Chris Bradnam's overenthusiastic commentary.

Jo Durie :worship:.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Simon Reed it the king of overeacting. Jo Durie the queen of boring remarks.
Sam Smith is funny she really makes me laugh.
All the rest of eurosport team i could take them or leave them

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah Sam Smith is great! I like Simon and Sam ad Simon and Jo combos.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW he called Kranoroutskaya, Kuznetsova today!

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
I've always really liked Simon Reed - his voice relaxes me... :) I think he has a really nice voice!! I wasn't aware he was making these mistakes... I guess I haven't been watching as much tennis as I should recently? *blush* ;)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Sam Smith= thumbs down

she tries to pretend shes smart but her mouth shows us different

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'd say Sam Smith, Simon Reed, David Mercer and Jo Durie are pretty good. Chris Bradnam(I think) is alright if there's someone good with him. Still the worst is probably Mark Petchy(I know he's not really on Eurosport much). All he does is complain or go on about how women's tennis has no depth! :zzz:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark Petchey is incredibly sexist. I watched him call Kournikova/Henin match. yes the match was poor, but not every match was like that. Also commenting on how short Henins skirt was, how Kournikova looked good when loosing etc. didnt really provide analysis.

Overall I think hes good especially on the mens side of things, but when he comments on women he should be more respectfull especially since he coaches Tina.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm also sure that Simon or Debbie Jevans said that Zvonareva could hit a one handed and two handed backhand! (I think it was Jevans)
Anabel Croft was alright, but she always seemed to do the Kournikova matches!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Whenever he's discussed Dementieva, he always says exactly the same thing!!!!!

She's a brittle player, but she had a fantastic win against Justine, Lindsay and Daniela. Oh that 2nd serve, blah, blah, blah!

Jo says some funny lines, but its Sam Smith and Anabel Croft who come out with the best one-liners!!!

Chris Bradnam is a BIG no no! He has no idea about women's tennis! And he so gets the career stats wrong of the ladies!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jippo McScally said:
I'm also sure that Simon or Debbie Jevans said that Zvonareva could hit a one handed and two handed backhand! (I think it was Jevans)
Anabel Croft was alright, but she always seemed to do the Kournikova matches!
who is Debbie Jevans?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I used to hate when Simon would go ''now we've got a battle on our hands'' - how did he become a commentatore? was he a former player like the others?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts