Tennis Forum banner
201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
33,400 Posts
Petra is officially #8, ahead of both Fruhvirtovas.

I expect she’ll play Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl. Hope she then starts transitioning to the senior tour and limits her junior play to the slams next year.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Post match interviews :
Petra:
"I was so focussed throughout the whole match. and did not have the big doubts that I sometimes have. I was keeping the rhythm all the time.I was ready for her because I played her twice before, so I knew what to expect."

Clervie :
It was a really fast court out there today, even though I played on it the whole week. There was so much pressure coming from such a powerful player,
Some of the errors I made today were forced errors, and others were half forced because I could not control the ball sometimes. It was hard to execute (my gameplan), although I handled the pressure pretty well earlier this week."

Sounds like Petra stepped up her game in the last months and with that she gained confidence that again helps to improve match performance. And these two wins will for sure make her confidence rise even more.

Petras next two tournaments:
A grade Junior tournament in Mexico
Orange Bowl

Surprisingly no eddy Herr (isn't it played on clay as long as I remember?), I guess she is avoiding that.

201 - 220 of 228 Posts