Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this girl just played her first ever 10k in Solin and made QF! From qualification! Since she is still just 15 (born in 1998) that is pretty promising! :eek: :bounce: One ambitious interview from her (that is how I remembered) from last year!
http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Tenis/tabid/86/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/175623/Default.aspx

Btw, she is only 447th at junior list (played 4 tournaments, won 1). But already, when 1995. year got delete she will be much better. But also, when she starts to play more I don't doubt she can be very successful. With this potential she showed! It will be very interesting to follow next weeks at Croatian futures!

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From this interview, her coach compares her game to Ana Konjuh! :eek:
Also, Petra beat 761st in the world (and 5th seed in Solin 10k) Dea Herdzelas 7-5 6-4. Later she lost 2nd seed Tereza Malikova (who is at the moment at career high 407th) 6-2 6-4 which is definitely ok fight for such unexperienced player.

·
Registered
32,304 Posts
interesting. hope she is our next hope in juniors now that donna, ana and borna are all pros

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not on the acceptance list for next week or the following week's $10Ks in Croatia.
And she didn't need to be cause guess what?? She got a WC! :cheer:
Well, difficult first round against much more experienced (over 10 years older) Polona Rebersak (currently WTA 723rd with career high at 499th)! If she somehow manages to win first round I think she has good chances for another QF! It would be nice to see! :yeah: Anyway, good luck Petra! :cheer:

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
^ Gorgeous. Looks much older than 15.

She needs to unpurse her lips, though :help:

And I really hope that's not a tattoo on the back of lower arm :(

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Petra def. Sipek 76 61

Next: T. Lukas [6] (774) (Bol 10k 1/4)

:)
Mistake..."next" was Barbora Krejickova, first seed. Unfortunately, Petra lost 6-3 6-0. Well, I believe she offered decent fight in first set. Since in front of Petra is (I hope) great junior career next season, this is really valuable experience for her. :yeah: But as already second 10k QF, this is really very good result at senior tour for her. Hope it will boost her confidence for junior tour next year. ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Petra won her match against Kenić 6:4 6:4 on G4 tournament in Zagreb.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Petra in semis, she'll play the first seed Prybilova.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At start of February, Petra reached her highest junior ranking at 308th place but since then she hasn't played much and fall down pretty much, at 470th position. But, she will be a little bit better after this week cause she has reached at least R3 at G1 tournament in Umag beating two 160s players in junior rankings.
But in next round she has real threat, Kristina Schmiedlova, 2nd seed and 20th player in junior rankings. :yeah: It will be interesting to see what Petra can do against her. Good luck! :bounce:

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
But in next round she has real threat, Kristina Schmiedlova, 2nd seed and 20th player in junior rankings. :yeah: It will be interesting to see what Petra can do against her. Good luck! :bounce:

It doesn't look good on paper. Their respective rankings are 20 and 470 :help:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts