Tennis Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
The system should not let the world no. 2 player take the number one spot even after she surpasses her in points. If the world no. 2 surpasses the world no. 1 in points, the world no. 2 should be given the right to challenge the world no. 1 (a challenge she cannot refuse) in a duel for the ranking. If the world no. 2 cannot defeat her, she cannot have the spot and must defeat the world no. 1 in the next tournament encounter to claim it.
Then Wozniacki wouldn't have been number one to begin with, and Serena would have kept the ranking during her ten month injury lay-off.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
WTF

Sarah Palin is that you?? or are you Nadal...if not one of those two I think you could take the title of the stupidest thing every said!!!
No, this is not "WTF". I was only a little high. Not even Hingis high.

Alas, I shall continue. Retired players cannot obviously retain the world no. 1 rank. Also, the world no. 1 player must be required to participate in a set number of tournaments to maintain the ranking. The world no. 2 can only challenge the world no. 1 to a duel once, each time her points exceeds the latter's.

For the world no. 2 to overtake the world no. 1, the following must happen while her points exceed the world no. 1's:

1) The world no. 1 fails to play the set number of tournaments. Injuries cannot buy them time and non-activity from injury will cost them the ranking if she cannot play the minimum number of tournaments required to maintain the ranking.

2) The world no. 2 defeats the world no. 1 in the duel challenge.

3) The world no. 2 defeats the world no. 1 in a tournament.

4) The world no. 1 retires from the tour, despite deciding to keep her points until they vanish.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
No, this is not "WTF". I was only a little high. Not even Hingis high.

Alas, I shall continue. Retired players cannot obviously retain the world no. 1 rank. Also, the world no. 1 player must be required to participate in a set number of tournaments to maintain the ranking. The world no. 2 can only challenge the world no. 1 to a duel once, each time her points exceeds the latter's.

For the world no. 2 to overtake the world no. 1, the following must happen while her points exceed the world no. 1's:

1) The world no. 1 fails to play the set number of tournaments. Injuries cannot buy them time and non-activity from injury will cost them the ranking if she cannot play the minimum number of tournaments required to maintain the ranking.

2) The world no. 2 defeats the world no. 1 in the duel challenge.

3) The world no. 2 defeats the world no. 1 in a tournament.

4) The world no. 1 retires from the tour, despite deciding to keep her points until they vanish.
The match must also take place in a steel cage. ;) :p

101 - 106 of 106 Posts