Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
In what world does Kvitova need to beat Wozniacki (again) to justify her getting the number 1 ranking?

Na-Mug, please go back to what you do best (i.e., posting threads in GM on every possible aspect of Li Na's life).

·
Premium Member
14,428 Posts
The #1 one ranking is not a title, therefore you don't need beat the incumbent to get it. Caro has twice taken the #1 ranking from players that she has never been able to beat. It's just an entry system calculated on the last 12 month's results. You can assume the #1 ranking without even playing that week if the incumbent fails to defend a stack of points.

·
Registered
29,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
and the irony of this whole thing is Caro defeated Petra in the 5th Slam China Open to take the #1 for the 1st time :spit:

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
What a lovely video of Wozniacki hitting a gazillion errors.
Oh, so a match where WOZNIACKI makes loads of errors means it's not an achievement to win that match, yet the gazillion matches which Woz has won where her opponent made errors is just because of Woz's good play :haha:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Forced errors honey. She couldn't even see the ball most of the time.:lol:

She got a full swing on most of the balls. Yes Petra was putting a lot of pressure on Woz to go for more but people treat this match like it was some sort of destruction by Petra with her spraying winners everywhere , when it really wasn't. In the second set , forget forced errors , Wozniacki was making club level errors.

·
Registered
29,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Caro's Ascension to #1 @ 5th Slam China Open

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Oh, so a match where WOZNIACKI makes loads of errors means it's not an achievement to win that match, yet the gazillion matches which Woz has won where her opponent made errors is just because of Woz's good play :haha:

You're on my ignore list so I shouldn't really respond but I will do here. You should go work for Fox news or something with your ability to twist everything to fit your own agenda, since I never claimed the victory wasn't an achievement. I was merely pointing out the overrated nature of that match. Petra played well in 1st set , and that coupled with the bagel in the second creates an illusion of this being some sort of GOAT match , when in its actuality , the quality was terrible.

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
She got a full swing on most of the balls. Yes Petra was putting a lot of pressure on Woz to go for more but people treat this match like it was some sort of destruction by Petra with her spraying winners everywhere , when it really wasn't. In the second set , forget forced errors , Wozniacki was making club level errors.
Stop lying to yourself, Petra hit about 30 winners in 14 games.

·
Registered
43,600 Posts
Na mug sometimes you do really good threads and then you do this, everytime you use SEWTA it makes me cringe a little, I mean it does not matter who she beat to get to number 1 you did not make this much fuss when kim went number 1 last year for a week she never beat caro who cares :eek:.

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
You're on my ignore list so I shouldn't really respond but I will do here. You should go work for Fox news or something with your ability to twist everything to fit your own agenda, since I never claimed the victory wasn't an achievement. I was merely pointing out the overrated nature of that match. Petra played well in 1st set , and that coupled with the bagel in the second creates an illusion of this being some sort of GOAT match , when in its actuality , the quality was terrible.
The same can be said for Wozniacki's opponents in most of her defining wins in her entire career.

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
I'm talking about the second set , since the video is of the second set. I've already said that Petra played well in the 1st set , though I don't think she quite hit 30 winners.
14 in the first set to be exact, about 2 winners per game. I say it again there wasn't much Woz could do that day, she was outplayed in every possible way.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts