Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
29,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even before the draw came out for Sydney, we knew that a final between #1 Princess Karolina and #2 Challenger Petra would settle the issue of SEWTA #1 Best Player In The World :armed:

but now with Caro's shock loss at the hands of her BFF Aga, Petra has the chance to ascend to SEWTA #1 just by beating UE Queen NaNa and one of Princess Karolina's minions in Vika "Snickers" Azarenka or Lady Aga Radwanska :eek:

I feel if Petra wins Sydney and becomes #1, it won't be quite as rewarding as snatching Caro's wig herself :sad:

what do you think :confused:

·
Registered
965 Posts
A Wozniacki/Kvitova F would have been great for the sport...if Kvitova won it.

As it stands, if Kvitova can just win the damn title, and dethrone Wozniacki finally, I'm good regardless of who she had to beat. Hantuchova, Li, and one of Radwanska/Azarenka is a very good run, and if she does win the title she's on 16 match win streak.

·
Registered
27,167 Posts
Dosen't really matter to be honest. The way their points are spread out Caro's bound to lose the ranking sometime during the next 1-3 months and will likely get it back during the USO Series.

I don't really think Kvitova cares to be honest, I just wish it would happen already so we can get this whole thing over with.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Sometimes I forget that NA-MUG is actually the biggest Woztard on TF.

·
Registered
35,929 Posts
e would settle the issue of SEWTA #1 Best Player In The World :armed:
what do you think :confused:
I think that yeah - you are confused. The number #1 ranking doesn't, and isn't supposed to, automatically mean that the holder is the "best player in the world."

Got it?

Yeah, often someone who could be seen as the "best player" takes and holds the #1 ranking but even though that's been common, it is still ultimately coincidental.

Wozniacki is - at this moment - the true #1. And yet S.Williams, Clijsters, Kvitova are better tennis players.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
seriously, stop it :hysteric:

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
Stop making threads. :hysteric:

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
"ascension"... :hysteric:

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Even if she leaves Sydney without title, she will be number one after AO. She really doesn't need title from Wozniacki Slam to be number one.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
I understand what you saying but you know the season just starting and you never know what the outcome will be like. I do think Kvitova will be number 1 which I be happy due to I am an fan of her as well but. Look back just last year when everyone was saying Wozniacki was going fall down the ranking and outta top ten, and Vera was going take her number 1 spot and it never happen. Kvitova and Caro Both gotta alot Point to defend overall Caro mostly at the being of the season and Kvitova toward the end during clay, grass, and YEC. So it give time for both woman to gain and lose ranking points it just all depend on what form they in and is the healthy. KIm and Serena will be the Big Threat at the major but They really don't play those other event like Caro, Kvitova, Vera, Aggie, Jelena, Maria, VIka. And really looking at the ranking a player like Vika and Maria could get to Number 1 as well they not to far from the top only couple point between them.

·
Registered
29,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Woz defending 900 points @ AO
Petra defending 500 points @ AO

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
If she doesn't take it this week, what needs to happen for her to get it at the AO?
Nothing special,at least the round as Carolinev or even less. Caroline has to reach at least QF to have chance to remain #1 after AO.

Reactions: John.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts