Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Washington

1st round: Andrea Petkovic (WTA 102) def Kurumi Nara (JPN/WTA 98) 6:4 7:6 (5) :)

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
Re: Petko's American Summer

Glad she won this in straights :cheer: Second round vs McHale or Bouchard will be difficult though.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

„Petko“ ist heiß. Und hat besonders gute Laune. Gute Vorraussetzungen, um in dieser Woche weit zu kommen.

Das Erstrunden-Aus in Wimbledon scheint gut verdaut zu sein. Zumindest zeigte Andrea Petkovic in Washington einen ordentlichen Auftritt. Beim eigenen Aufschlag zwar mit Problemen behaftet, beim Return aber verdammt hellwach.

Im ersten Satz reichte es dank zweier Breaks zu einem 6:4 gegen die Japanerin Kurumi Nara. Der zweite Durchgang entwickelte sich dann zu einem Breakfestival, da beide Spielerinnen gleich viermal (!) ihren Service abgaben. Der Tiebreak musste her – und hier behielt die Deutsche erneut die Oberhand, zog vom 5:5 zum 7:5 davon.
WTA Washington: Andrea Petkovic im Achtelfinale

·
Registered
17,539 Posts

Andrea hat im ersten Satz richtig gut serviert, im Zweiten dann wieder die typischen Einwürfe, die meist im Aus landen.

Ich verstehe nicht, weshalb sie dann lieber 50% Gurken serviert, statt 50% riskanter erster.

Aus dem Spiel heraus sah das aber recht vernünftig aus.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
Bouchard is going to be her next opponent. You never know what you get with Genie and how much she cared but I think she's not a good match-up for Andi.

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
Happy that Andrea won her R1 match ! :)

Andrea seemed very excited and made her Petko-dance ! :lol:
On her way to the handshake Andrea made the sign of the cross ! :eek: :)
I have never seen her do this before, only players like Halep, Vesnina, Lucic, Vekic ...

Andrea's serve was very weak :help:
I still can't believe that such a tall girl can serve so poor ...
But her attitude was good, Andrea fought hard

Very interesting R2 vs Bouchard. Andrea leads Head To Head 4-1 ! :hearts:

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
Best she's played in ages today. Beat Bouchard 6-2 4-6 6-0! Some amazing FHs and even free points on serve :D

QF now vs Mladenovic or Andreescu.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Happy that Andrea won her R1 match ! :)

Andrea seemed very excited and made her Petko-dance ! :lol:
On her way to the handshake Andrea made the sign of the cross ! :eek: :)
I have never seen her do this before, only players like Halep, Vesnina, Lucic, Vekic ...

Andrea's serve was very weak :help:
I still can't believe that such a tall girl can serve so poor ...
But her attitude was good, Andrea fought hard

Very interesting R2 vs Bouchard. Andrea leads Head To Head 4-1 ! :hearts:
well that's a bombshell indeed..Andrea was the last player i was expecting to become religious.But turning 30 and being out of top 100 can have this effect. i guess :frown2:

but yeah 2 good wins and a quarter final against her all time pigeon Mladenovic..:D good chance for a semi.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
well that's a bombshell indeed..Andrea was the last player i was expecting to become religious.But turning 30 and being out of top 100 can have this effect. i guess :frown2:

but yeah 2 good wins and a quarter final against her all time pigeon Mladenovic..:D good chance for a semi.
I saw her do this in her last match too, I was very surprised :eek:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
She did it before few times, f.e. here 11:25

https://youtu.be/Pc2kWw9TvGU

Mladenovic lost :p

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Andreescu surprisingly beat Kiki so now Petko plays another Canadian, albeit this one is only 17 and ranked around the 150 spot. Whisper it, Petko has a decent chance of making a semi-final here :eek:

·
Registered
384 Posts

Really? IMO Petko has always been one of the most emotional and least rational persons I could imagine. Perhaps she likes to see herself as a more ambivalent character than she really is because that's perceived as more interesting.
I guess she started to make the sign of the cross more often again after Johnny Heimes' death.

Despite that: two really great wins and, after a long time, I'm looking forward to a match optimistically - a big chance for a semifinal and getting more self-confidence! :cheer:

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
well that's a bombshell indeed..Andrea was the last player i was expecting to become religious. But turning 30 and being out of top 100 can have this effect. i guess :frown2:
I thought the same :lol:

Yes, in bad time (in der Not) you learn to pray/become more religious
My grandparents also said that. The churches were full during/after war time
And Andrea had quite a bad time lately. So that fits

·
Registered
53,487 Posts

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
Andrea into MM Washington QF ! :)

She leads Head To Head vs Bouchard now 5-1 ! :eek:

Bouchard is quite a bad player these days, hardly wins a match
Sometimes she wins a match, but she is and stays a mess

Young inexperienced Andreescu should be an easy win
(Mladenovic is in a big slump now suddenly. Injury ?)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts