Tennis Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
:D
Meist ist von Andrea Petkovic nur die Rede, wenn sie sich im Einzel packende Duelle liefert. Die Darmstädterin ist aber auch ganz gut im Doppel, was sie am Dienstag mal wieder bewies. In Connecticut war sie gemeinsam mit Su-Wei Hsieh (Thailand) im Einsatz und sorgte einmal mehr für große Unterhaltung. Ein Auf und Ab, drei Sätze, doch dann durfte die 28-Jährige jubeln. Petkovic/Hsieh fanden gegen das US-Doppel Maria Sanchez und Nicole Melichar nur schlecht ins Spiel und verloren den ersten Satz mit 3:6. Umso klarer holten sie sich dann Durchgang zwei - 6:1. Der entscheidende Dritte wurde im Match-Tie-Break entschieden. Mit 10:8 setzten sich Petkovic/Hsieh letzten Endes durch und erreichten so die nächste Runde.
http://www.kicker.de/news/tennis/startseite/658752/artikel_petkovic-im-doppel-erfolgreich---struff-schon-raus.html

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Gets a Qualifier in New York for her first match. R2 is Bencic/Crawford.
She has drawn Kristína Kučová. :sad:

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
I hope she can beat Kucova. Petko is a good returner and I think Kucova's serve is attackable. However, you never know with Petko these days :(

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Kucova had that one good run recently, but right before she lost to Lisicki, right after to Arruabarrena, so I have hopes that she isn't going to peak against Petko. Then again I already have my Lotti-Story for this US Open so it's probably going to be a disaster for all other faves. :lol:

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Kucova had that one good run recently, but right before she lost to Lisicki, right after to Arruabarrena, so I have hopes that she isn't going to peak against Petko. Then again I already have my Lotti-Story for this US Open so it's probably going to be a disaster for all other faves. :lol:
No, Katja, take Toni's run as a good omen - and all our dreams come true. :D

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
US Open R1 vs Kucova :scared: What a tough qualifier

Kucova reached SF at Montreal, beating Navarro, Bouchard and Konta in a row

I can see Andrea losing this match

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
Andrea won 7-6 6-3 ! :)

But not happy at all with her performance. Andrea is far away from her best

Sad what a bad player Andrea has become, some facepalm mistakes from Andrea :eek:

This weak level of tennis explains her latest results. Now I am not surprised anymore

R2 vs #24 seed Bencic. 2 out of form players vs each other :lol: Come on, Andrea !

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well, lost in 2. Same story as we've come to know in the last few weeks, good spirits, but the tennis is lacking.

Positive note: According to Eurosport's Human Stasi Stachi Petko's already talking about the 2020 olympics, so there's plenty of time for her to rediscover her game. :D

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Why is she even playing with Ostapenko? It's like she's the WTA social worker :hysteric:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Final score against Bencic, 36 26. :hug:

Wasn't able to defend her third round points from last year, but it won't affect her much in the rankings.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts