Tennis Forum banner

????

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is time for TA to sit up and take notice of Jelena once more...

She qualified for Hobart and Fes and has beaten Muller, Meusberger, Shvedova and Erakovic already this year...

She is already scheduled to re-enter the WTA Rankings at around 429 after her results this week...

As a result, I think she should get FO WC ahead of the likes of Molik and Stosur...It would be her first Grand Slam main draw appearance since 2006 Australian Open

It is time for TennisForum.com to help influence TA here and now :bounce:

SO GET VOTING

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
As much as I love Jelena I dont think she should be rewarded the wildcard... Especially if she is changing back to serbian anyway... I would love her to get the US Open one.

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^
You just want Sam to get it :p
Jelena has obviously put in the hard yards and seems determined to get back to the top

I don't think she will change back to Serbia, especially if she got the French Open wildcard

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
^^^^
You just want Sam to get it :p
Jelena has obviously put in the hard yards and seems determined to get back to the top

I don't think she will change back to Serbia, especially if she got the French Open wildcard
Lol partly but I dunno I just think there are more deserving recipents :cool: By saying this though I would be stoked if she got it :angel:

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Of course she should! Already achieved more than any Aussie this year, bar Dellacqua. This would show Jelena that TA is behind her, so if TA doesn't want to lose her than they should wisen up and use there fuckin heads!

Molik and Stosur - both in quallies. If they are good enough to be in the FO MD than they will qualify. Moore - still a bit too young in my opinion - needs to really prove herself on the ITF tour before she gets the TA handouts ala FERGUSON :fiery: Ferguson, Wheeler and Adamczak - had enough chances in my opinion - and they should make FO quallies aswell I think. Dokic is the only real prospect left to consider..if Australia wants to keep her as an Aussie they need to start backing her in this comeback..

If they don't want to just waste a WC, then Dokic should get it obviously - but I doubt TA will give it to her because they are :silly: and need :help:

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree.
Dokic worked very hard in Australia and lost a lot of weight. She has continued to work hard since the Australian Open, and realistically, she could do some serious damage at Roland Garros. Like you said, it would show her and her family that Tennis Australia is behind her.

And to be honest, Molik shouldn't get it. She has had her fair share of handouts. She should be made to qualify by TA - for once. Stosur's comeback last week in Dothan was impressive, but frankly, she just needs to play as many matches as possible, and quite frankly, quallies would help her to do that. She should be eyeing off Wimbledon, anyway ;)

Moore isn't too young, but she hasn't had a decent preparation for Roland Garros and therefore shouldn't get the wildcard. And besides, that would be her 3rd Grand Slam main draw wildcard in a row...
Obviously Adamczak, Ferguson and Wheeler shouldn't get it, so Dokic is a logical answer

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
My choice for the FO WC would either be between Jelena or Jess.

Although to be honest I would like to see Jelena play FO Qualies rather the MD just to get more & more matches under her belt to enable her to be prepared for the players that are highly ranked above her (unless she does really well in Fes in the MD & possibly Rome, then she'll be ready).

And I don't think Jess is too young to receive one, she also deserves it for her wonderful results that she has been displaying over the last few months :)

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My choice for the FO WC would either be between Jelena or Jess.

Although to be honest I would like to see Jelena play FO Qualies rather the MD just to get more & more matches under her belt to enable her to be prepared for the players that are highly ranked above her (unless she does really well in Fes in the MD & possibly Rome, then she'll be ready).

And I don't think Jess is too young to receive one, she also deserves it for her wonderful results that she has been displaying over the last few months :)
I agree re. Jess...but I would like to see her play quallies for French Open and Wimbledon rather than MD's straight up. She will most likely play main draw of all 4 next year anyway...
Jelena on the other hand, well she really should get the French Open wildcard. I think it's only fair...

:lol:
Sorry there's no ''Not Sure'' option now I posted poll :help:

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
If Jelena wins Fes (scratch that actually), does well in Fes & puts in a decent showing in Rome, then I'll definitely say she'll deserve the WC.

·
Registered
23,508 Posts
To be completely honest..........no way!

Well that probably sounds bad, its not necessarily that Jelena Dokic doesn't deserve it - its more a matter of who deserves it most, and I think that's Jess.

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
I agree re. Jess...but I would like to see her play quallies for French Open and Wimbledon rather than MD's straight up. She will most likely play main draw of all 4 next year anyway...
Jelena on the other hand, well she really should get the French Open wildcard. I think it's only fair...

:lol:
Sorry there's no ''Not Sure'' option now I posted poll :help:
I think Jess still has time though to develop as a top class player, so it couldn't hurt to give her the WC even if she loses first round. Not the end all to be all if that happens, but yes you do have a point about her possbly playing qualies just to get more experience & for her to earn her way into the slams.

But for me its still a toss-up between her & Jelena. Whoever gets it deserves it, wish they gave two WC's :lol: which is impossible.

·
Premium Member
26,511 Posts
I initially voted no but when I think about it Alicia and Sam can both play qualies and should get thru. Jelena doesnt have that option so to have the most potential Aussies in the draw it would be smart to give it to Jelena and Sam and Alicia could play qualies. That being said Alicia and Sam both deserve it more in terms of playing for Australia and the support they have shown for Australia over the years and I dont think it would look very good giving it to Jelena over the other 2.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Why can't TA just hold a playoff? Alicia, Sam, Jelena, Monique, Sophie, Jess, Christina and maybe Jarka. Then whoever wins that will be the most deserved, I guess there's not much time to actually hold something like that but at least it would get rid of all the tiresome backlash and bitching about who should have got what and who shouldn't have.

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Its actually quite difficult to be honest to decide who deserves the WC. all aforementioned players (Lish, Sam, Jess, Jelena & maybe others etc.) need the matches going into the FO MD & it doesn't hurt if they play qualies. but however a MD WC opportunity is there so whoever gets it, deserves it.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts